Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Crystal
    Crystal Anderson  - October 24, 4:13 PM
    I received an email asking 50K participants if they planned on doubling this year in the quad. I plan on registering as a soloist at the start of Novemebr. Look forward to breaking my last years time! See ya all soon!
    1. Ken Gordon  - October 24, 4:21 PM
      Glad to hear it Crystal. We thought you would be in. We'll make sure to have your scarf waiting for you.
  2. Crystal
    Crystal Anderson  - October 24, 4:15 PM
    I received an email asking if 50K participants were also doubling in the Mt. Taylor this coming 2014. I plan on registering for the Quad at the start of November. I look forward to breaking my time from last year! See ya all on the mountain!
  3. Crystal
    Crystal Anderson  - October 24, 4:13 PM
    I received an email asking 50K participants if they planned on doubling this year in the quad. I plan on registering as a soloist at the start of Novemebr. Look forward to breaking my last years time! See ya all soon!
  4. Dave
    Dave Dogruel  - September 13, 2:54 AM
    Are there any restrictions on driving past start/finish the night before for camping further down FR 453?
    1. Ken Gordon  - September 13, 6:21 AM
      The section past (above) the start/finish does not have many good camping spots until you get to the saddle. The course turns into the wooded section above the start after a quarter mile and that would not be a good place to camp. If you camp above the start we suggest going all the way up to the saddle. We recommend you camp in the many camping areas below the start. Some will be marked off for parking.
  5. Jason
    Jason Espalin  - September 11, 10:57 PM
    How can we purchase more tickets for the pre-race dinner? Will we buy additional tickets at the dinner?
    1. Ken Gordon  - September 12, 8:43 AM
      Yes, additional dinner tickets can be bought at the dinner.
  6. Joel
    Joel Gonzalez  - September 9, 7:17 PM
    Does the fee have to be paid before gtting on the waitlist?
    1. Ken Gordon  - September 9, 7:23 PM
      No, when you register you will be put on the waitlist. When you get a spot you will be sent an invitation and can either accept and pay or decline.
    2. Joel Gonzalez  - September 9, 7:29 PM
      Thanks! Just got on the list.
  7. Ron
    Ron Wheeler  - July 24, 8:56 PM
    Grants for two nights, drive to ABQ after the race or 3.5 hours home?
    This will be my first ultra. Grants looks really limited on restaurants. Thoughts? Thanks.
    1. Edward Crawford  - July 29, 9:13 AM
      Careful driving after the race if you haven't done the distance/climbing before. My legs tend to cramp randomly for hours after. It would be pretty exciting to have your legs seize up while driving 65-75 MPH.
    2. Ken Gordon  - September 4, 7:43 AM
      La Bella Vita is a great new Italian restaurant in Grants. May be perfect for a Saturday night recovery meal.
  8. William
    William Gilchrist  - June 17, 10:41 AM
    Anybody know the total amount of climbing in the event? I couldn't find it on the website. Thanks.
    1. Chad Didier  - June 18, 12:53 PM
      If you look on the website you will find a course profile that should give you a really good idea of the climbs.
    2. Ken Gordon  - June 21, 8:30 PM
      Approx. 6000 feet of climb.
    3. William Gilchrist  - August 5, 11:16 AM
      Thanks, Ken.