Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Stephen
    Stephen Cooper  - October 16, 6:59 AM
    Hi Travis,Just a note to once again tell you how challenging and enjoyable I found the GM 50k to be this past Sunday.As a veteran of a few ultras now,including what I have felt to be one of the most demanding 50k races around ,Promise Land (Blue ridge,33.5 miles.8,000 feet of climb)the GM 50k measured up closely in terms of climb,diversity of trail types(smooth singletrack,fire type road,steep climb,rocky,technical) and sheer beauty,The only good thing about having sustained a significant adductor muscle,groin strain/tear at 10 miles in to the course was that I was able to amble along slowly,walking ,then hobbling a few feet and that gave me an opportunity to take in all the pallet of fall colors,scents etc on the course.It was without a doubt my slowest 50k yet but I thoroughly enjoyed and savored the course(except I suppose the climb after 27 mile aid station ?Scotch pine trail.It was long ,slow and to some extent felt unrelenting!!Having driven 6 -1/2 hours to reach the race site I can honestly say I was not disappointed and I anxiously await a return next year ,hopefully in better physical shape to tackle the Green monster once again.Additionally,have signed up for the Eastern States 100 and I have a feeling that's going to be a really grander version of the GM race.We will get to see more of what the Pennsylvania wilds has to offer.Thanks again for letting me participate in such a top-notch event.Stephen Cooper