Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Marla
    Marla McKee  - June 6, 8:16 AM
    Carey, the set up in the Floral Garden was great! Especially the chairs afterwards! It may have been better marked with balloons or something. As for the top of Bald Hill, I might have gone the right way if I was not following, but then again, I followed and we didn't question until we came to a fork. At that point, I picked the long way.........wrong way. Tom Riley ran back and forth, up and down, looking for markings and then we just went for it, which probably made them re-do the top of Bald, as the arrow at the bottom went that way. Due to my hamstring cramping, I was walking and far behind them, so couldn't point them to the fairgrounds. The aid station at the bottom of Bald was perfect, and one at the top, probably unnecessary. I do remember hearing the music at the top during an 8K and loved that. :---)))
    As for Tom Riley and his partner, Debbie McNully, they were great. He came to me when I was beginning the cramp and he stayed with me for the duration, even to making certain I could walk. What a blessing!! (AND I found out that my McDonald Forest 50K eye incident was not the salt capsules as medical professionals thought. Tom gave me two and his water with no adverse reactions. That leaves the whiplash in the maze as culprit, as it was not an allergic reaction.)
    Thanks for my first Ultra! I was thrilled it supported GLT, too! The logo is one of the most beautiful of races, as was the course. Thanks for all the hard work by everyone so the rest of us could run and play!