Palm Bluff Trail Race and Ultra "Margaritas & Manure" 50 Miler, 50K, 1/2 Marathon, 7 Miler Fun Run, 7 Mile Competitive
Osteen, FL
Popular Forums

OPSF5050 (IN)
Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Amy
    Amy Pastor  - March 4, 8:44 PM
    This is my first ultra! I'm so excited. Where can I find information on the aid stations, if I can drop a bag, when/if I can use a pacer, etc.? does this information get sent closer to race day?
    1. Donald Stoner  - March 4, 11:58 PM
      Hi Amy. We will send out more detailed information closer to the event, but I can tell you some now. Our aid stations are well stocked with water, gatorade, soda, bananas, oranges, PB&Js, and a whole host of other snacks. Some of the aid stations will probably have their own themed food too. There will be one aid station along the route where you can put a drop bag. You will pass this aid station once each lap so you will have access to it approximately every 6 - 10 miles depending on which course and which lap you are on. Pacers are welcome but they have to check on and off the course at the start/finish line so that we know who is out on the course. I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you at the race!<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Don
    2. Amy Pastor  - March 5, 9:32 AM
      Thanks Donald! Great information on the aid stations. I ask because I have dietary issues and cannot have most of the "typical" foods/drinks provided at races. Having the aid station where I can drop something will be helpful and of course, since the 50 miler is a loop, I'll be passing my cheer squad enough times that what I don't carry, I can grab the next time around.

I'm new to the whole pacer/non-pacer thing. Everyone I've talked to has used one so I figured that I better get logistics now before race day.

Thanks again and I'm very much looking forward to this race. =)
  2. Chris
    Chris Peters  - February 2, 9:57 PM
    Thinking about making this my first ultra. Looking at the 50k. It's 13 weeks out and I think that should be enough time to get to the point where I can finish in a respectable time. Any previous racers with insight that would be beneficial to a beginner?
    Thanks, Chris
    1. Donald Stoner  - February 3, 10:33 AM
      Hi Chris. I think you would enjoy this for a first time 50K. The course consists of multiple loops on a 6 and a 2 mile section of trail. There is an aid station every 2 - 3 miles and with the loops there will be lots of company on the trail. You also have the option to drop down to a lower distance if you need too. All of us putting on the event are ultra runners and we have a lot of first timers come out for this event. We promise to take good care of you.

Don