Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Rojer
    Rojer Markesen  - December 15, 5:21 PM
    This seems like mellow terrain. Do I really need trail shoes, or are a good cushioned road shoe fine
    1. Terry Kalb  - December 16, 10:57 AM
      Road shoes are good. It's personal preference. Some people run only in trails shoes.
    2. Michael Fink  - January 26, 9:09 PM
      Some people switch to trail shoes at Beals Point. The trail gets a little rough between Granite Bay and Auburn. Locals like to call it the "meat grinder" lots of rocks and roots on a narrow up and down trail.
    3. Cody Logan  - January 29, 8:20 PM
      I ran it in some Saucony Cortanas (pretty nice road shoe) and would have liked something a little beefier with some traction for the latter half
    4. Allen Reid  - March 31, 9:03 PM
      For Way Too Cool 50k, I wore Mizuno Wave Universe 5. For AR 50, I'll wear Mizuno Wave Universe 3 with black Super Feet insoles.
    5. Allen Reid  - March 31, 9:03 PM
      For Way Too Cool 50k, I wore Mizuno Wave Universe 5. For AR 50, I'll wear Mizuno Wave at Universe 3 with black Super Feet insoles.
  2. Michael
    Michael Fink  - January 26, 9:10 PM
    Some people switch to trail shoes at Beals Point. The trail gets a little rough between Granite Bay and Auburn. Locals like to call it the "meat grinder" lots of rocks and roots on a narrow up and down trail.
  3. Michael
    Michael Fink  - December 13, 5:50 PM
    What is the limit for the number of runners allowed to sign up for this race?
    1. Anne Brown  - December 15, 9:46 AM
      The maximum is 1,200.
    2. Michael Fink  - December 16, 12:49 PM
      Thank you Anne. Will there be another price increase or will the entry remain $200 until the deadline?