Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Kyle
    Kyle Kramer  - July 11, 7:57 AM
    Kind of last minute, but is there any chance I could bum a ride from RNO to Carson City Friday morning?
    1. George Ruiz  - July 14, 5:42 AM
      Kyle, I would post this request on the TRT Facebook page, it reaches a lot more people.
  2. Kyle
    Kyle Kramer  - July 11, 7:57 AM
    Kind of last minute, but is there any chance I could bum a ride from RNO to Carson City Friday morning?
  3. Roberta
    Roberta Mcgraw  - June 29, 11:23 AM
    Hi, Everyone: I am looking to pace the last 50 miles of this race. I finished the 100 last year.
    1. Tho Le  - June 30, 11:07 AM
      Hi Roberta,

I will be trying for a 33+ hour finish. I DNF'd my last two attempts here and would love some company in the 2nd half of the race.

Thanks

Tho
    2. Roberta Mcgraw  - July 5, 8:21 AM
      Hi, Tho:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I would like to talk with you.
    3. Tho Le  - July 6, 9:17 AM
      Hi Roberta,

My e-mail address is tho.h.le@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Tho
  4. Sarah
    Sarah Hansel  - July 1, 1:20 PM
    Hi. I know this is a little last minute, but I am looking for a pacer for the last 20 miles (or 50 if you are game!) of the 100 miler. This is my 3rd hundo, and ideally I am aiming for 26ish hrs, though I am coming from the east coast an am not sure how much the altitude will slow me down. Would love some company out there if anyone is interested.
  5. Joseph
    Joseph Gillespie  - April 16, 10:33 AM
    I too i'm in search of a pacer on the second half.
    1. George Ruiz  - April 23, 5:22 PM
      Hi Joe, I just put that out there on the TRT Facebook page. It seems to get the largest audience. If you're on FB you may want to tune in there, but I did ask they respond to you here. Thank you!
    2. Joseph Gillespie  - April 24, 9:43 AM
      I appreciate it George thank you.
    3. Lina McCain  - May 27, 7:13 PM
      I can pace for the last 50, but probably for a 26+ hour finish.
    4. Joseph Gillespie  - June 5, 10:06 AM
      sounds good. would like you on the team.
  6. Adam
    Adam Stepanovic  - June 2, 4:50 PM
    Howdy! I'm coming up from Santa Cruz for the 100miler and graciously looking for a ride to the race. I'm open to Wed, Thu, or early Fri. Willing to pay gas, drive, trade adventure stories, and get hyped up together. Wondering if anyone seeing this will be coming from Santa Cruz, San Jose, or somewhere in the bay? I have a ride home. Thanks! --Adam, gasteps@gmail.com
    1. George Ruiz  - June 2, 4:37 PM
      Hey Adam - I'm going to post this on our Facebook page. The forum has never really taken off and you will probably set some response off our Facebook audience.
    2. Adam Stepanovic  - June 3, 7:40 PM
      Thanks!!
  7. Benjamin
    Benjamin Clayton  - June 1, 11:16 AM
    For anyone who has run TRT 100 before, I have read conflicting things. Would you recommend using a headlamp at the start of the run until the sun comes up? Or is the course groomed enough at that point that its not needed.
  8. Ryan
    Ryan Witko  - May 8, 8:41 AM
    Hi everyone. I'm running the 100-miler and also looking for a pacer for the final 20 or 50 miles. The goal is sub-24 and I know with a good pacer I can do it. Who wants to hammer the second loop with me??
    1. George Ruiz  - May 27, 6:32 PM
      Ryan, I'll post this on TRT Facebook account. You should find some action.
  9. Nick
    Nick Laboffe  - April 2, 2:02 PM
    I'm looking for a pacer if anyone knows anyone.
    1. Lina McCain  - April 14, 9:00 PM
      I'm available to pace the last 50 miles. Lots of experience at TRT and other races!
  10. Tory
    Tory Scholz  - January 5, 11:04 AM
    Let me know if you're in need of a pacer! Thanks!
    1. Nicki Mcpeak  - March 3, 8:11 AM
      Hi, I'd be interested in a pacer for the last 20 miles.
  11. Robert
    Robert Root  - January 11, 8:56 PM
    Anyone hear about when the training runs signups will open up?
    1. George Ruiz  - January 12, 7:18 AM
      The training runs will be announced later this month on the event website, the TRT Facebook page, Twitter and by email to registered participants.
    2. Robert Root  - January 16, 10:52 PM
      Thank you George.
  12. Michael
    Michael Brewer  - January 5, 9:14 AM
    If you registered for TRT but didn't get drawn is your name automatically drawn for the waitlist or do you have to reregister for the waitlist?
    1. George Ruiz  - January 5, 12:35 PM
      Michael, If you were not selected in the lottery you should have automatically been placed on the wait list for that race you registered for.
    2. Tina Smilkstein  - January 7, 10:32 PM
      Last year I was around 50-something on the waiting list and got in but this year it looks like they have separate waiting lists for each distance (and I'm 64th this time on 50m) so ... not too optimistic for my chances anyways
  13. Darrin
    Darrin Rice  - January 1, 3:28 PM
    Any ideas how far down the wait list they might go on the 50 miler?
    1. Chris Fryer  - January 1, 3:46 PM
      Could really use some clarification on the lottery results. would be nice if TRT would tweet or a facebook post on the lottery results.
    2. George Ruiz  - January 2, 9:18 AM
      Chris, as you wished, I posted the list on Facebook and Twitter.
    3. George Ruiz  - January 5, 12:33 PM
      Darrin, It's heard to say how many from the waiting list might be selected as it's solely based on those that withdraw from the race. I wouldn't expect that more than 20 or so will move off the waiting list. I hope this helps.
  14. Todd
    Todd Porter  - January 1, 4:03 PM
    Have the lottery results been posted? I can't seem to find them. Does the fact that I received an "order confirmation" last night mean I'm in?
    1. Scott Harber  - January 1, 8:13 PM
      That's what it means.
    2. George Ruiz  - January 2, 9:12 AM
      The lottery results are on the Ultra Signup page. You have to click on the entry list icon. Same with the waiting list, the icon is the coffee cup.