Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Graham
    Graham Munda  - September 7, 11:59 AM
    Hello all, I am registered for the Rio Del Lago 100 and am looking for a pacer(s) to help me out. I'm traveling from the east coast, so I'm not able to bring one with me. If there is anyone out there that is looking for some miles and wants to pace, please get in touch ... grahammunda@gmail.com

T'hank you!
    Graham
    1. Jim Kelley  - September 22, 10:34 AM
      Graham, I'd encourage you to post your inquiry to the new Facebook group I created today - see my post above. Good luck!
  2. Jim
    Jim Kelley  - September 22, 10:33 AM
    In order to foster increased awareness of questions/answers for the Rio Del Lago 100, I've created a new Rio Del Lago Facebook group to compliment this forum https://www.facebook.com/groups/1079123408873714/
  3. Rachel
    Rachel Watkins  - June 4, 3:12 PM
    Hello runners,

My name is Rachel Watkins and I'm an avid runner and adventurer, as well as a psychology graduate student. I am currently working on my doctoral research project (dissertation), which I chose to focus on a personal passion of mine - ultrarunning!

The purpose of the study is to learn about the role that the mind plays during an ultramarathon race. From my own running and ultra experiences, I became fascinated by both the physical and mental challenges involved in ultrarunning and how we set and then surpass our limits. So this study developed out of my passion for and curiosity about the ultramarathon experience as well as the concept of human limits.

I'm looking for 5-10 runners for my study, of varying levels of experience. In order to participate, you must be registered for a 100 mile race taking place in California before December 2016.

Participants will be asked to carry a small recording device (provided, similar to a FitBit) throughout the race which will be used to record responses to 3 questions approx. every 10 miles (ideally at aid stations or during walk breaks). Approximately 2 weeks after the race, you would be asked to take part in a brief (1 hour or less) phone interview about your experience.
    If you or someone you know might be interested, please contact me at rnwatkins11@gmail.com Thank you, and best of luck with your remaining training!
    1. Norman Nadon  - August 15, 8:12 AM
      Hello Rachel,
      Are you still looking?