Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Mike
    Mike Trask  - February 14, 10:06 AM
    Hi Jessica... been a few months so it must be time for more questions,....

1) Any chance of a rain out? Forecast shows rain this weekend and mid week but not on Fri or race day. I know the SD50 was recently rescheduled due to rangers closing the trails. Unsure of the dirt/trail type, but thoughts?

2) Packet pickup? When / Where.... hectic work schedule recently and trying to plan ahead.

Thx
    Mike
    1. Jessica Sica  - February 14, 10:18 AM
      They are pretty good there about rain. Unless it rains A LOT the Friday before the race, we should be fine. Packet pickup details will be sent out this week. thanks!
  2. Mike
    Mike Trask  - December 14, 12:56 PM
    Hi Jessica... a few things.
    1) Can you tell me elevation gain per loop? I can't see it on the site (image too small and eyes are old). Approximate number is fine. Trying to mimic and 8 mile loop in San Marcos to match for training.
    2) How many have signed up for individual 100k? I'm fine with a small race.. just curious.

Thanks,
    Happy Holidays!
    1. Jessica Sica  - December 14, 1:27 PM
      Hello! It's on the site on the course page. "Each loop contains about 1400' (425 meters) of elevation gain". As far as signups... 75% of my signups usually come in the last 6 weeks. I expect there will be about 30 in the 100k solo and 12-14 teams or so. The Half Marathon and 50k should combine for another 90 or so. Happy Holidays!
    2. Mike Trask  - December 14, 5:15 PM
      Excellent. Okay. I was trying to read the tiny text on elevation profile. But I see the giant wording on the course page now. Thx
  3. Mike
    Mike Trask  - September 29, 11:25 AM
    Any training runs planned so I can get the looping down in my head? Thinking I may struggle into even to remember direction, counter vs clockwise loop.
    1. Mike Trask  - September 29, 11:26 AM
      even=evening
    2. Jessica Sica  - September 30, 8:05 AM
      There should be. Not sure when yet though :)
    3. Mike Trask  - December 14, 12:56 PM
      Hi Jessica... a few things.
      1) Can you tell me elevation gain per loop? I can't see it on the site (image too small and eyes are old). Approximate number is fine. Trying to mimic and 8 mile loop in San Marcos to match for training.
      2) How many have signed up for individual 100k? I'm fine with a small race.. just curious.

Thanks,
      Happy Holidays!
    4. Jessica Sica  - December 14, 1:27 PM
      Hello! It's on the site on the course page. "Each loop contains about 1400' (425 meters) of elevation gain". As far as signups... 75% of my signups usually come in the last 6 weeks. I expect there will be about 30 in the 100k solo and 12-14 teams or so. The Half Marathon and 50k should combine for another 90 or so. Happy Holidays!