Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Dave
    Dave Flickinger  - April 2, 7:28 AM
    How many people are in this race? I've run 27 marathons, but nothing longer. I've been putting in marathon training miles, but not ultra, and was still thinking of giving this a try. If I need to drop out, is there a way to get a ride to the finish? Is this a good first-ultra course? What kind of food is available at the aid stations, so I know what else to bring? Do we need to stay in the campground, or can we just arrive on time for the bus?
  2. Mark
    Mark Boyd  - March 15, 10:18 AM
    You think standard running shoes will do the job? Or should I look into some trail shoes? Hoping to sign up soon, thank you in advance for your advice.
    1. Chad Haffa  - March 15, 1:20 PM
      I’d definitely do trail shoes
  3. Mark
    Mark Boyd  - March 15, 8:31 AM
    As this is my first 50mile race, I wanted to ask what the Elevation gain will be?
    1. Chad Haffa  - March 15, 12:58 PM
      Hi! I am the RD for Cooter Creek. It is a very flat course.
    2. Mark Boyd  - March 15, 10:18 AM
      You think standard running shoes will do the job? Or should I look into some trail shoes? Hoping to sign up soon, thank you in advance for your advice.
  4. Leah
    Leah Burkett  - January 4, 7:41 AM
    Morning! Runner's wife here. Can anyone comment on if someone who runs 50 miles would then be ok tent camping? The Cooter Creek run will be his first run farther than a marathon and I don't want him to be uncomfortable. Thoughts?
    1. John Auberzinsky  - February 17, 5:23 PM
      I ran a 12 hr. and slept in a tent at 34 degrees F. It didn't matter, as long as the sleeping bag was soft and warm, I was going to sleep anywhere. :D It wasn't the best sleep but I made up for that the next night at home. Enjoy the time in the outdoors. *Take salt pills after the race so you don't wake with leg cramps.
    2. Chad Haffa  - March 15, 12:59 PM
      I’m the RD for the race. I’d say he should be fine. There are showers at the campground and I’ll have music and food that night. He should have a fun experience!