Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Stefan
    Stefan Peterson  - September 25, 12:33 PM
    Does anyone have info about live updates for 2012?
  2. Neal
    Neal Hinson  - July 18, 6:17 PM
    Bear 100 Advice? Doing my first 100 at Bear this Sept. Do I need to carry a garmin Etrex or what not to stay on the trail, or are those tails of getting lost, mismarked trails wildly exagerated?
    1. Roger Squires  - August 17, 2:20 PM
      Well, as one who did miss a turn-off last year, it was my own fault. Keep your head up and scanning both sides of the trail/road. I dnf'd at 48mi, but the night-time forest trail had reflective markers high up in the trees that were visible from quite a distance. And watch for that sharp left turn off the road after the first aidstation haha! That's the one that got me
    2. Alan Wintersteen  - August 20, 8:58 AM
      I did the run two years ago (2010) and had no problem following the trails day or night. I'm from Montana though, and spend lots of time on Forest Service trails or off of them. If you're not used to this kind of environment, the GPS might be the answer. There are a number of tricky spots on the run, and keeping my head up and scanning both sides ought to be enough. I found the trail to be well marked, but every year could be different.
  3. Jeff
    Jeff Rome  - August 17, 9:51 PM
    I'm looking for a pacer. Anyone out there in Utah/Idaho want to help keep me from bonking? 100 miles is a long way to go by myself.