2016 Dizzy GOAT 3/6/12 Hour Trail Runs
The Dizzy GOAT- 3, 6, and 12 hour runsCome on out to The Dizzy GOAT where you get to choose how long you run, walk, or crawl on this challenging 3.25 mile looped course, over and over, and... Get the idea?
June 18, 2016
3, 6, or 12 hours of challenging trails at Schramm Park State Recreation Area
Limited to the first 300 runners. Register early, this race will sell out.
A 2016 Trail Trophy Series Race
- Place: Schramm State Recreation Area
- Date: June 18, 2016
- Time: 12 hour - 7:00 a.m. / 6 hour - 1:00 p.m. / 3 hour - 4 p.m.
All runners regardless of their start time will finish at 7 p.m. We will have post-race awards and gathering for all volunteers and participants. The sun doesn't set until 9:00, so stick around, unwind, and have a little fun on us.
Through April 3 - 3 hour - $45 / 6 hour - $65 / 12 hour - $80 / What The?! Dizzy - $125
What The?! Dizzy - $125 One registration to cover both the 12 Hour Dizzy GOAT and the April 16 What The Hill?! Half Marathon (A savings of $10. Discount does not apply to any other What The Hill?! or Dizzy GOAT distance combination)
April 4th - June 4th - 3 hour - $55 / 6 hour - $75 / 12 hour - $90
What is it?
What is The Dizzy GOAT?
You run your own race. Go as fast or slow as you like or can. Stop, take a break, heck, take a nap. It's up to you. You have 3, 6, or 12 hours to go as far as you can in the time you've chosen. Particularly nutty 12 hour runners may even be able to accomplish 50, 60, 70 miles or more.
What are the rules?
- Have fun!
- Challenge yourself
- Remain at the park until your race is over or you decide you've had enough. If you leave the park, we will consider your race over, but you may return at 7 to celebrate yours and the others accomplishments.
* If you decide to take a break during the run, please let the timer know when you do, and when you start up again.
That's it! Simple, right?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What is the participant limit?
A - 300 total runners, all races combined
Q - How long is the race?
A - How long do you want it to be?
Q - How far is the loop?
A - 3.25 miles
Q - Will there be aid stations?
A - Yes! We will have one fully stocked aid station at the start/finish and the manned, unmanned stop, aka "Motivation Station" mid loop.
Q - Do I have to keep going?
A - Nope! This is your race. You can stop any time you want. YOU must notify the timer of your decision to take an extended break or drop.
Proceeds from The Dizzy GOAT will go toward purchasing rock and other needed materials for the Schramm State Park Recreation Area trails. The G.O.A.T.z are also committed to providing our time and energy to help better the Schramm trail system.
What You Get
- All runners who achieve one of the following standards will receive a sweet Dizzy GOAT medal
Local time: 6:59 AM
- 3 Hours or 9.75 miles (3 loops) / 6 Hours or 19.5 miles (6 loops) / 12 Hours or 39 miles (12 loops)
- Wicking T with custom race design
- Post-race food and drink
- Incredible aid station food
- A chance to run on the trails of a Nebraska State Parks system gem, Schramm Park.