HURT 2015 has now been completed, and what an incredible event we had. Nearly 50% of registrants completed the course, an all time high. Congratulations to all who completed the task at hand. For those who failed a hearty applause.
We have started planning for 2016. Please note the following timeline:
Registration Period: 7/18/15-7/25/15
We will select @ 125 runners from the registration list via the weighted lottery.
The HURT Trail 100-Mile Endurance Run (HURT 100) is a very difficult event designed for the adventurous and well-prepared ultrarunner. It is conducted on trails located in the mountains above the city of Honolulu (O‘ahu, Hawai‘i). The race is noted for its grueling terrain and for a uniquely scenic course, offering views of the O‘ahu coastline as well as the Pacific Ocean.
Local time: 1:40 AM
- 100 miles over 5 laps (partial out and backs) in a semi-tropical rain forest.
- 99% single-track trails, 1% asphalt.
- Moderately packed soil surface generously interspersed with roots, rocks, puddles, and mud wallows.
- Narrow trails passing through forest, along exposed ridges, and past vertical embankments.
- 20 stream crossings (four per loop).
- Three aid stations per lap.