Saturday, Dec 28, 2013
This Event Took Place Sat. Dec 28, 2013
Enjoy running, music, food (famous Vietnamese "Banh Mi" and "Pho" Noodle soup) and fun. This is a runner centered race for runners by runners. A last chance race for 2015. "The Force Awakens - Finish Strong!.
Bear Creek Park/Jogging Trail by the tennis court.
Address: 3535 War Memorial Drive, Houston, Texas 77084
Park Entrance is on N. Elridge Parkway and War Memorial Drive.
7:30 AM -Wave 1- 50 Mile, 100 Mile
7:32 AM -Wave 2- Marathon
7:34 AM -Wave 3- 50K, Half-Marathon
Half Marathon - 50; Marathon - 50; 50K - 50; 50 Miler - 50; 100 Miler - 50
2.01 Mile Loop - Flat paved jogging trail loop around Bear Creek Park (by the tennis court). There is grass along the jogging path if you wish to run on it. Run counter-clockwise.
100 Mile - 50 laps - Time Limit: 30 Hour (Extended Time Limit Allowed - Email RD)
50 Mile - 25 laps - Time Limit: 24 Hour
50K - 16 laps - 1st lap is a short lap which consists 1/2 mile out & 1/2 mile back; Followed by 15 regular laps of the 2.01 mile loop - Time Limit: 15 hour
Marathon - 13 laps (1st lap is an extended lap around the parking lot; Followed by 12 regular laps of the 2.01 mile loop) - Time Limit: 12 Hour
Half Marathon - 7 laps - 1st lap is a short lap which consist of 1/2 mile out & 1/2 mile back; Followed by 6 regular laps of the 2.01 mile loop- Time Limit: 12 Hour
At Start /Finish Area Bear Creek Park between 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM on Race Day, Saturday, December 19, 2015.
Timing will be provided by Run Houston Timing, www.runhoustontiming.net.
Chips - Double Shoe tags will be available for pickup starting at 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM on race morning near the starting area. Please wear chip on each shoe and not on top each other otherwise they will not work as backup.
Must return chips in exchange for finisher's award.
There will be a TV monitor by the timing mat to display the number of laps each time each runner complete a loop.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you drop down to a lesser distance, you MUST notify the timing people in order to verify the correct number of laps completed for the official results. Any dispute must be resolved with the timer at race site. There will be NO adjustments and corrections after the race is complete.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Half Marathon & Marathon – Parking by the Tennis Court.
Ultra Distances – Parking near the start or along the jogging trail.
100M - Custom designed belt buckle
50M/50K - Custom designed medal
Marathon & Half Marathon - Custom designed medal
Custom designed High Tech Long Sleeve.
Registered by October 31, 2015 to guarantee T-shirts size. After October 31, T-shirt size are not guaranteed.
At each 2.01 Mile Loop (Start/Finish).
Menu with over 50 items including: salt, pepper, ketchup, mustards, mayonnaise, relish, pickles, and soy sauce.
Drinks: Water, Gatorade, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Ginger ale, Mountain Dew, Cold Tea, Hot Tea, Starbucks Coffee, Apple Juice, Orange Juice, and Tomato Juice.
Snacks: Variety of chips, crackers, candies, trail mixes.
Pastries: Bagels with cream cheese, muffins, cookies, cakes, pies.
Fruits: Bananas, Apples, Oranges, Grapes.
Food: Famous Vietnamese "Banh Mi ", PB&J sandwiches, ham/turkey/cheese sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, chili, quesadillas, hot soups, oatmeal. Hot pizzas (cheese, meats, and vegetarian) and Famous Vietnamese "Pho" Noodle Soup will be served at dusk for Ultra distance runners.
There will be a drop bag location area adjacents to the Aid Station. Ultra distances - Easy access to your car along the jogging trail.
There are two restrooms around the 2.01 mile loop. One is near the start/finish and one is approximately half way around the trail.
1. Course will be open to the public during park hours. You should expect to see walkers. joggers, baby-strollers, etc. Please share the trail with them. Please do not run/walk more than 2 abreast. Yield to fast runners passing.
2. Parking Lot Crossings - The race does not cross any streets; however, there are few intersections at various parking lots. Signs will be posted to make park users aware that a "Race is in progress". PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN CROSSING PARKING LOT ENTRIES.
3. The main gate entrance is located at the intersection of N Elridge Parkway and War Memorial Drive (by the Tennis Court). Park hours are from 7:00 AM- 10:00 PM. If you need to enter or exit the park outside these hours, the main entrance gate will be open on the hour by Park Security. Please plan accordingly.
4. Park will be patrolled by Park Security from 10:00 PM on Saturday, 12/19 until 6:00 AM on Sunday, 12/20.
5. Glass beverage containers are prohibited. Absolutely no littering. There are plenty of trash cans around the park for your waste.
6. Participants may drop down the distance (but may not move up); however, will not be placed for overall award.
7. Pacers - 100 Miler - are allowed after 50 miles or after dark, whichever come first. You may have as many pacers as you wish but only one pacer at a time. Pacers must be over 18 years of age or have the signed permission from a parent or guardian.
8. 100 Miler - While the race course is lit at night; however, there is some spot maybe dark; headlamps or handheld flashlight are recommended.
No DNF's here. A person, at anytime can drop down to a lessor distance of Half-Marathon or more.
Texas Ninjas Racing LLC reserves the right to cancel the event due to severe weather, flooding, park closure, or in any other event or situation that could affect the safety of runners, volunteers, and race staff. If the event is cancelled, an attempt will be made to reschedule, but there will be NO REFUNDS.
Local time: 8:01 AM