Bear Creek Park/Jogging Trail by the tennis court.
Address: 3535 War Memorial Drive, Houston, Texas 77084
2.01 Mile flat paved jogging trail loop around Bear Creek Park (by the tennis court). Run counter-clockwise.
100 Mile - 50 Loops - Time Limit: 30 Hour
100 KM - 31 Loops - Time Limit: 24 Hour
50 Mile - 25 Loops - Time Limit: 14 Hour
50 KM - 15 Loops plus out & back - Time Limit: 10 Hour
Marathon - 13 Loops - Time Limit - 8 Hour
Half Marathon - 6 Loops plus out & back - Time limit: 4 Hour
24 Hour - Run/Walk as many loops as desired from 7:30 AM on Saturday 12/28/13 to 7:30 AM on Sunday, 12/29/13 or stop at anytime. NO Partial Lap. There is NO DNF's.
12 Hour - Run/Walk as many loops as desired from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM on Saturday 12/28/13 or stop at anytime. NO Partial lap. There is NO DNF's.
Parking by the tennis court or along the jogging trail on War Memorial Drive. Easy car access for crewing.
Bib #, Chip timing, Technical t-shirt, and goody bag near the start line between 6:45 AM and 7:15 AM on race day, Saturday, 12/28/13.
Timing will be provided by Run Houston Timing, www.runhoustontiming.net.
Chips will be available for pickup starting at 6:45 AM - 7:15 AM at packet pickup near the start line.
Must return chips.
At each 2.01 mile loop (start/finish): Water, Gatorade, Coke, Sprite, Mountain Dew, Chips, Crackers, Cookies, Candies, Pretzels, Bananas, Oranges, PBJ sandwiches, Ham/Turkey Sandwiches, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Hot Dogs. Hot Soups, Oatmeal, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Tea. Hot pizzas will be served at dusk.
There are two toilets around the 2.01 mile loop. One is near the start/finish and one is half way around the trail.
100M/100K - Custom Design Belt Buckle
50M/50K/26.2/13.1 - Custom Designed Medal
24 Hour/12 Hour - Custom Designed Plaque
1. Course will be open to the public during park hours. You should expect to see walkers. joggers, baby-strollers, etc. Please share the trail with them. Please do not run/walk more than 2 abreast. Yield to fast runners passing.
2. Parking Lot Crossings - The race does not cross any streets; however, there are few intersections at various parking lots. Signs will be posted to make park users aware that a "Race is in progress". PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN CROSSING PARKING LOT ENTRIES.
3. The main gate entrance is located on War Memorial Drive (by the Tennis Court). Park hours are from 7:00 AM- 10:00 PM. If you need to enter or exit the park outside these hours, the main entrance gate will be open on the hour by Park Security. Please plan accordingly.
4. Park will be patrolled by Park Security from 10:00 PM on Saturday, 12/28 until 6:00 AM on Sunday, 12/29.
5. Glass beverage containers are prohibited. Absolutely no littering. There are plenty of trash cans around the park for your waste.
6. Participants may drop down the distance (but may not move up); however, will not be placed for overall award.
7. Pacers - 100 Mile , 100K, and 24 Hour - allowed after 50 miles or after dark, whichever come first. You may have as many pacers as you wish but only one pacer at a time. Pacers must be over 18 years of age or have the signed permission from a parent or guardian.
Local time: 10:39 AM