Race has been cancelled
With deep regrets I must inform you that I will cancel the 2014 Santa Barbara Trail Run effective midnight April 25, 2014 .
I made the choice to go live with the Santa Barbara Trail Run event web page and start taking registration approximately 45 days ago based on requests from prior participants, in addition to thinking our daughters health matters were improving. Regrettably our daughters health matters are not improving, they are getting more complicated, costly and stressful as the weeks go by.
Since registration went live 45 days ago, ten persons have registered. Past experience indicates that 30 more participants might register in the last 30 days the registration is open. The event needs a minimum of 75 paying participants to cover the base operating cost. Rather than attempting to host an event that did not meet paying entrant expectations and be able to adequately cover the essential operating expenses, I am making the decision in the best interest for all of us to cancel the Santa Barbara Trail Run.
In closing I would like to apologize again for the cancelation.
• Each of you will receive a refund for the full registration amount you paid + the transaction fees applied. I will mail your refund check in 5-7 days
• Please do not contact Ultrasignup.com for refunds, this is my responsibility
• Each of you will receive a 100% discount “Premium Rate” voucher to enter any of the 2015 events of equal distance or rate that I am preparing to publish online
at Terraman Race Series
• The DRTE 100 is not affected by this cancelation, the DRTE 100 continues to steadily grow each week and is expected to top out at 80 entrants this year. If you signed up to run SB Trail Run because you have a family member or friend running DRTE 100 this year, I encourage you to keep your plans and come on out and support the DRTE 100 entrants
• Please email me at email@example.com with any comments or questions regarding the cancelation of the Santa Barbara Trail Run, if you’d prefer, you can call me directly at (805) 896-6917
Hosted from the Upper Oso Campsite, Santa Barbara Trail Run offers athletes of all caliber an exceptionally rewarding and challenging trail running experience. The out and back route is predominantly comprised of epic mountain single tracks trails loaded with plenty of climbs and fast meandering descents cut through the verdant Mediterranean Chaparral, offering dramatic views of the Santa Barbara backcountry topography in its late spring glory.
Local time: 3:00 AM