SPS #2 Heyburn
Here is the biggest problem with the trails at Heyburn .... not enough people use them! They have a great trail system that is perfect for running, biking or hiking. Miles and miles of trails with some great views. If you ran SPS #2 last year, I am sure you will remember just how wet everything was. But that was half the fun... it was a challenge. Heyburn's course is just plain F.U.N. We start out with a nice "little" hill then it all gets better from there, many rolling hills and a creek crossing... oh the creek crossing (great location to snap a pic). And then the perfect shelters with fireplaces! We didn't luck out with the weather last year, but the shelters with two fireplaces made up for it! All of that combined with my favorite meal of all my races... taco bar with warm tortillas and loads of beer. This was the most relaxed I have ever been while directing a race. ***Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable to other runners. We understand that life happens and we will gladly issue a race credit into any of our other races (that are held for that year). Transfers must be received by Kelly Monday prior to the race that you cannot attend. Send your transfer request to Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.****
State Park Series
Welcome to Trail Maniacs State Park Series. SPS is the fastest growing trail series in the Northwest. We are excited to announce that Saucony will be our corporate sponsor for 2015. What does this mean??? Epic prizes: shoes, shirts, hats and a little bit of everything. Last year we gave away over $2,700 in swag, trophies and point series prizes. This year will only get better.
SPS is a trail run point series, including 5 mile and half marathon distances. We will count your best 5 out of 6 races in the series. SPS will include six state parks from two states (Idaho and Washington) one race per month from May thru October. SPS will have over $2,000.00 in prizes for the overall series. Come stay the weekend, each of the state parks offer camping and showers!
This year we want you to think of us as your “trail running family”. Like I have said in the past: “our races are like a family reunion but with people you enjoy!” So this year we will be incorporating a Friday evening potluck meal (we provide the pasta) and a Sunday social run. Plan on staying the weekend at our races and enjoy what these great state parks have to offer.
What if I only want to run one or two of the races? That’s not a problem, pick the race that fits your schedule best and I look forward to meeting you.
What if I am new to trail running? These races are perfect for you, start with the 5 mile runs and give it a shot. ***Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable to other runners. We understand that life happens and we will gladly issue a race credit into any of our other races (that are held for that year). Transfers must be received by Kelly Monday prior to the race that you cannot attend. Send your transfer request to Kelly at email@example.com.****
Come stay the weekend, Friday evening we will have a potluck at the Lower Chatcolet picnic shelter (I will supply the pasta including Gluten free). We suggest reservations for camping at this time of the year. After the race on Saturday we will be serving a taco bar with warm tortillas, if you have a sweet tooth no need to worry I got your back! And how about some adult beverages, I don't think I would have a race without them! Stick around and cheer on all the finishers. On Sunday we will have a fun 3 mile social run on the CCC Nature Trail. I am looking forward to hanging out with all of you and if you have not ran with Trail Maniacs you’re in for a treat. You see we are about the friendships and companionship that trail running gives, we are not about a race medals or trinkets. I think the memories and free race photos are priceless.
Local time: 4:50 PM
• 6/12/15 Potluck and packet pickup 6 pm - ? at the Lower Chatcolet picnic area.
• 6/13/15 Race day -7:00 am packet pick up/late registration (cash or check only)
• 8:45 am ½ marathon pre-race meeting
• 9:00 am ½ marathon start
• 9:15 am 5 mile pre-race meeting
• 9:30 am 5 mile Start
• 10:30 am to ? Post -race meal
• 6/14/15 Fun 3 mile social run 10 am location CCC Nature Trail
• Heyburn State Park, 57 Chatcolet Lower Road, Plummer, Idaho. We will start at the Lower Chatcolet picnic area, just follow the Trail Maniac signs to the start. An Idaho Parks Pass is required or you can pay $5.00 in the Visitor’s Center. After the race enjoy a great post-race meal and beverages
• 1/2 marathon early registration $40.00, early registration ends 5/10/15 at midnight; regular registration is from 5/11/15 until 5/27/15 at midnight; late registration is from 5/28/15 until 6/11/15.
• 5 mile early registration $25.00, early registration ends 5/10/15 at midnight; regular registration is from 5/11/15 until 5/27/15 at midnight; late registration is from 5/28/15 until 6/11/15.
• High quality short sleeve race shirt $20.00 ** Shirt sales end 5/21/15