THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
ATTENTION: We have decided to cancel this year's event and are in the process of issuing everyone that's already registered FULL refunds. We apologize for the inconvenience and hassle associated with the cancellation of this year's event. We haven't decided if we will bring this back at this time. We didn't feel like we had this organized and wouldn't have been able to pull this off to make it a quality event. Again, apologies for the lateness of this decision, but we feel like this is the right decision that's in everyone's best interest.
The 12-Hour Challenge and the 12-Hour Relay Challenge will begin at Midnight, Sunday morning! BRING THOSE HEADLAMPS!
The 6-Hour Challenge and the 6-Hour Relay Challenge will begin at 6 am on Sunday morning.
We figured this way, the 12-Hour peeps will need some company and a little pick-me-up at morning light. Just don't get caught up in trying to keep pace with all those fresh legs suddenly on the course.
We will have a board where everyone will write their name. Each time you complete a loop, you'll mark it down. We'll use the lumberjack method on an honor system.
There are awards for the top 2 male and female participants in both categories.
In 2018, our region was given a huge gift in the form of the Twisted Oliver Trail System at Port Oliver in Scottsville, KY. This is about a 30 minute drive from Bowling Green, but the payoff is well worth it.
The race will start near the right side of the amphitheater. Once you enter the trail, we will be running one continuous loop that combines the Pine Hill Loop and the Lake Loop.
There is plenty of room for you to set up your tent, canopy, hammock, staging area, etc... There are also brand new restrooms right there. This should make for an ideal spot to stop and fill up your hydration packs or take a power nap or two.
What to Bring
1. Your own water. We will provide water on site, but if you are particular, bring your own.
2. Nutrition. We will provide a spread, but you know how these things go. You are responsible for your own stomach.
3. Sleeping bag, pillow, tent, tarp, just whatever you need to stay comfortable.
4. PLAN ON IT RAINING. If you bring the gear in the event it rains, you'll love this event. If you don't bring rain gear and it pours you are going to regret it.
5. Hydration Pack or handheld.
6. 2 headlamps for 12-Hour participants. We strongly encourage 300+ lumen headlamps. This is a root-filled trail system at times and 5 to 6 hours of complete darkness. Not only will you need a strong headlamp, you'll be required to have two headlamps at check-in. 6 hour participants - Please bring a headlamp or small flashlight as the first 30 minutes, it's still pretty dark. After the first loop, you'll be fine.
Our own El Presidente, Clinton Lewis, has came up with the design the past two years. The shirt is the soft cotton material that you'll actually want to wear.
If you would like to volunteer for this event, please reach out to us. We would love to have people volunteer in 3 hour increments.
Local time: 5:01 AM