2015 HURT 100 Lottery Registration
Registration for the 2015 HURT 100 lottery will open on July 20, 2014 and close promptly at 11:59 pm on July 27, 2014. Previous history tells us that @ 275 runners will apply for the lottery and the 125-130 slots in the event. The lottery selection will occur on August 3, 2014. During your lottery registration you will have an opportunity to purchase a ticket(s) to the January 19, 2015 runner banquet. For lottery registration questions please email Jeff Huff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The HURT Trail 100-Mile Endurance Run (HURT 100) is a very difficult event designed for the adventurous and well-prepared ultrarunner. It is conducted on trails located in the mountains above the city of Honolulu (O‘ahu, Hawai‘i). The race is noted for its grueling terrain and for a uniquely scenic course, offering views of the O‘ahu coastline as well as the Pacific Ocean.
Local time: 2:02 AM
- 100 miles over 5 laps (partial out and backs) in a semi-tropical rain forest.
- 99% single-track trails, 1% asphalt.
- Moderately packed soil surface generously interspersed with roots, rocks, puddles, and mud wallows.
- Narrow trails passing through forest, along exposed ridges, and past vertical embankments.
- 20 stream crossings (four per loop).
- Three aid stations per lap.