O'Brien Trail Races
O'Brien trails races are held in the State park of William O'Brien.
Your entry fee includes a free day pass to MN parks for the day of the race. You do not need to pay for a State Park Pass.
16821 O'Brien Trail North
Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
10 Mile Trail Race:
May 1st thru May 31st - $40.00
June 1st thru Sept 7th - $50.00
Race Day, Sept 15th- $60.00
5k Trail Race
May 1st thru May 31st - $30.00
June 1st thru Sept 7th - $35.00
Race Day, Sept 15th- $45.00
5k and 10 mile description and race starts
The 5k race starts at 8am with a one hour time limit. Course will be run mostly on the bottom loop of the park next to St. Croix river under pine trees.
The 10 mile race starts at 9:10 am with a time limit of 2 and half hours. Course will follow the outer limits of the trails in the park. Along the St. Croix River, under pine trees, wide grass trails with rolling hills.
As most state parks, the trails are wide and clear of rocks and roots. Imagine a cross country course and it would be pretty close. Lots of rolling hills.
1. Parking included in entry fee.
2. No external music during the race. If you would like to have music please use headphones. Respect your fellow runner and campers at the park.
3. Awards will be top 3 over all male and female along with the top 3 masters male and female in both events.
4. Aid station will be available for the 10 mile race only at mile 2.5 (water only), and mile 5.5 and 6.5 (water Gatorade, cookies, and other items)
5. Post race will have bottle water, Coke, cookies, granola bars, and bananas.
If dogs are are allowed is a frequent question.
Local time: 10:14 PM
All dogs must be on a 6 foot leash at all times. Park Rules
We love dogs however it has been our experience that dogs might react different when around strangers and might get over stimulated that might cause them to nip. With that being said you are responsible for your dogs and happy bring them along to enjoy the day with.