A RACE SO HARD, ONCE ONE PERSON FINISHES, IT WILL CEASE TO EXIST!!!
Welcome to the hardest 100 miler in world.
There is a minimum of 20,800 feet of gain on the first 50k loop and a minimun of 63,500 feet of gain (that’s over 12 miles) in the 100 miler.
This is nowhere near your typical 100 miler.
You must be used to class 2-3 loose and technical terrain. There is about a marathons worth of it.
If you know nothing about this type of terrain, please do not sign up for this race.
Highlander is the definitive answer to the following.
1. What’s the hardest 100 miler in the world?
2. What’s the hardest 100 miler to finish?
3. Which 100 miler is the most technical?
4. Which 100 miler has the most gain?
5. Which 100 miler will have the least amount of finishers?
This race is free, but for everyone's safety this race will have live tracking.
Cost for registration is for the $50 SPOT rental fee (plus $5 Ultrasignup fee) and will be 100% refunded if you need to cancel, (prior to the rental order).
If you already have a tracking device, get hold of me and I will differ the cost.
START and CUT-OFF TIMES
Bottom of Ginny’s Crawl.
Start time is 5:24 am.
Please show up by 5am for a course briefing and to pick up your tracking device.
50k - 24 hours
100k - 48 hours
90 miles - 62.6 hours
100 miles - 66.6 hours
You will receive credit and results will be posted for finishing the 50k and 100k distances on the website.
There will only be 1 finisher for the 100 on Ultrasignup.
1. GPS Device.
2. In order to start the race, you must have the route downloaded on the GPS device you will be using during the race.
You will also need to record your track as a back up if the tracking doesn't work.
Here is the link.
If you have your own tracking device, you must share the link with me prior to starting.
1. Shoes with excellent traction and at least 6mm lugs.
2. The ability to carry at least 4 liters of water.
On a level from 1 - 10 with 10 being the hardest thing 95% of all trail runners have done, Highlander is a 23.
Local time: 2:32 AM