For 2015, we will continue to use the new and improved registration and lottery selection process introduced in 2014. In past years, payment of the full entry fee of $120 was required to enter the lottery. For those not selected, a refund cheque of $110 was sent via snail mail after the lottery in early March.
The process for 2015 is:
- A non-refundable fee of $10 will be charged to enter the lottery
- The deadline to enter the lottery is Feb. 28, 2015 11:59 pm PT - NO exceptions!
- A live lottery drawing will be held on March 2, 2015, via the Knee Knacker FaceBook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2644411127/
- If you are drawn in the lottery, your credit card will be charged the balance of your registration (an additional $100) the day after the lottery
- If you are not selected in the lottery, please note there is NO wait list.
The Knee Knackering North Shore Trail Run is a challenging 30-mile foot race along the Baden-Powell Centennial Trail from Horseshoe Bay to Deep Cove. The course will appeal to people with some experience in trail and/or endurance events. It provides runners with magnificent city, mountain and ocean views, as they go up and over the mountains which grace the communities of Metro Vancouver’s North Shore, climbing 8,000 feet and descending another 8,300 feet in the process. Running Wild magazine has recognized the race as one of 25 toughest races in North America.
What started as a group run with eight participants in 1989, quickly grew into the largest ultramarathon race in Canada. By 1994, the race limit of 125 runners was reached five months prior to race day, with an even greater number of runners being turned away. Since then a lottery has been used to select an expanded field of 200 runners.
The race is produced by the Northshore Ultra Trailrunning Society (incorporated as a non-profit society in British Columbia) – a small group of dedicated runners from the Metro Vancouver area. Besides providing a forum for athletic competition, the race has raised over $84,000 for various charities since its inception.
Local time: 11:37 PM