RACE & COVID-19 UPDATES:
COVID-19 will be part of our lives through 2021. Anything can happen between now and then. Please note you are registering for an event that will go over 4 days in the Marin Headlands. YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT YOUR START TIME MAY CHANGE. We anticipate guidance forthcoming from the county that may cause us to spread out our start line. Register with confidence.
We are adding the 100K distance and discontinuing the 75 Mile event.
Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Welcome to Headlands Hundred, 100K, 50 Mile, Marathon, and the Triple Marathon events. Running in the Marin Headlands is a treat for any distance. Also known as "Trail Running Mecca" in California, you will enjoy vistas of the Pacific Coast as you take a scenic tour of the spectacular Marin Headlands with views of San Francisco, Tiburon, the Golden Gate Bridge and California coastline. The course is a 25-mile loop. For the 50, and 100 mile distances, the first loop is clockwise. Then the course reverses direction to counterclockwise and alternate (“washing machine” loops). Marathon and triple marathon runners will add a 1.2 mile loop at the start before beginning the 25-mile loop.
The 100K will run the first 25 mile loop clockwise, the second loop counter clockwise and the third loop (TBD) will be at least a 12.2 mile add-on.
Pacers are allowed after 50 miles in the 100K and 100 mile events. They are not allowed in other distances.
Triple Marathon Alert!
For 2021, we will once again be featuring the PCTR Triple Marathon Challenge. You will run three marathons in 72 hours. The first marathon just needs to be completed by the start of the second. The second marathon needs to be completed by the start of the third. The third must be completed by 3:00 PM on Sunday which is also the same time limit for the Hundred Milers.
- 1st Marathon: Headlands Marathon Starting Friday morning.
- 2nd Marathon: Night Sweats Marathon Starting at 6:45 PM Saturday Night
- 3rd Marathon: PCTR Golden Marathon Starting at 5:00 AM Sunday Morning
Triple Marathoners Award
Get Swaggy With it
- 100 Milers: Victory Sportdesign Drop Bag "Bear 3", Hoodie, and a shirt!
- All others: Hoodie and a shirt!
- Must register by July 31, 2021 to be guaranteed size and swag options.
100 Mile Elevation gain is 20,140 feet.
Each 25 mile loop is 5,035 feet in gain.
Race Start times:
TBD STAGGERED STARTS.
For the Parking Map click here
Rodeo Beach (Fort Cronkhite)
1049 Mitchell Rd
Sausalito, CA 94965
PRE-RACE Bib/Swag Pick-up (Due To Covid-19, this will not happen.) We need to minimize contact and exposure at all times Bib/ Swag Pick-up
Running Store Partner:
San Francisco Running Company, Mill Valley
No PRE-RACE Briefing at store as done in previous years.
PRE-RACE Briefing will be done via video.
Course Map, Elevations & Turn Sheet
Course Back to original 2018 course. Stray tuned for updates and maps. We are moving the time-limit for the 100 mile event to 40 hours.
Qualifications to run our ultra-distance events
No qualification standards needed for this event. Feel free to register for any distance.
Aid Stations/Drop Bags
TBD BASED UPON COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH, CDC, AND LOCAL GUIDELINES.
Hydration: FLUID Sports Nutrition is the electrolyte beverage (Blueberry Pomegranate) & Water.
Food: We will provide a variety of WHOLE fresh fruit and "pre packaged" salty and sugary snacks, potato chips, salt tabs.
All other hot and prepared foods will be dictated by PUBLIC & ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH.
All runners may bring drop bags with personal needs. No large coolers or suitcases please. There will be drop bags at both Start/Finish Area and Tennessee Valley.
- All Marathon, 50M, 100K, and Triple Marathon finishers will receive a Headlands Finishers Medal from Elevation Culture.
- Top 3 Male and Female podium awards for 100M, 100K, 50M, Triple Marathon, and Marathon finishers.
- All 50M, 100K, and 100M Finishers will receive the Ultramarathon Finishers Coaster.
- All 100M Finishers will receive a Headlands Hundred Buckle:
- Sub-24 Hour 100M runners will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Silver
- 24 hour to sub-40hour 100M runners will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Brass
- All distances are eligible for Age Group Awards in the following category:
- Earn $10 in PCTR Race Credits for every hour worked. (For example: 4 hrs = $40; 3.5 hrs = $35, etc.)
- Volunteer 8+ hour shift and earn $40 bonus credits for event.
- Earn 2X Credits for bad weather volunteering in rain.
- Earn 2X Credits from 8pm to 6am. (Headlands & Night Sweats Only)
- Receive the coveted PCTR "Go Run a Trail!" shirt. *Must volunteer a minimum of 5 hours to get the shirt. If you already have too many of these shirts and want a race shirt instead, then come by the finish line tent to see if we have any more in your size.
- Enjoy a meal from our Post Race BBQ Chef Team.
- You will not earn credits for volunteering unless you sign up to volunteer.
- If you sign up to volunteer and bring one or more friends with you to volunteer (who have not signed up), then they will not earn credits.
***Race credits are not transferable to anyone but yourself.***
- If you are entered in an event and bring a friend or family to help volunteer a few hours or more, then you can earn their credits for another race... that is if they don't run. ??
- All credits must be used in one year from the time earned or they will expire.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45-day or 15-day withdraw notification window because you are unable to run due to whatever reason, then consider volunteering to earn race credits. By volunteering at the intended event or another event within 30 days before your event, you can earn up to 100% of your entry and more depending on how many hours you volunteer. Email PCTR at RunPCTR@gmail.com.
Click here to volunteer: https://www.pacificcoasttrailruns.com/volunteer
Refunds, Transfers, Race Credit Policies
Below is our standard policy.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45 or 14 day window because you are unable to run due to injury or under training, and volunteer at the intended event or another event within 30 days of your event, then we will apply 100% race credit for a future PCTR event. You will also receive additional race credits for the hours you volunteered.
Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees associated with Pacific Coast Trail Run Events are non-refundable and non-transferable. The amount of time and expense that goes into a PCTR event is high. Contracts, permit fees, awards, shirts, and all things associated with your event happen a long time before your race day. Surely, if many of you wanted a refund because you got injured, become sick, or have to attend a family function, then all trail running companies would be out of business. We also do not transfer entries for numerous reasons. We do, and will provide race credits for a future PCTR event (less Ultrasignup.com registration fees) shall something come up that prevents you from attending the event you paid for.
For 100% race credit towards another PCTR event, you must notify us 45 days before your event. For 50% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 14 days before your event. For 25% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 72 hours remaining before your event. Your race credits will be valid for one year from the time you earned them.
Clean Sport Pledge
We pledge to support clean sport by inviting to athletes to compete at our events who are committed to training, racing and living clean and not inviting athletes to compete who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We are in favor of random drug testing, especially when there is prize money offered at the event. Our organization also chooses to not work with coaches and agents that have athletes that are currently working with athletes that have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We understand we have a responsibility to protect a level playing field and we will be role models in the community as ambassadors and advocates for clean sport. We pledge to honor clean sport by inviting and supporting clean athletes at our races.
Pacific Coast Trail Runs upcoming events
Local time: 9:07 PM