- WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT: This ladies only trail running/yoga retreat will include morning yoga sessions that will accommodate all levels with a certified yoga instructor. After yoga and breakfast at the picnic shelter we will separate into two different running groups. The beginner group will leave for a guided 3-5 mile beginner trail run through Ponderosa State Park, and the intermediate trail run group will leave for a 12 mile trail run (Loon Lake). Sunday will begin with a restorative yoga session, breakfast at the picnic shelter, and a short recovery run through Ponderosa State Park. Your entry fee includes yoga, guided trail runs, breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- I’M NOT THAT EXPERIENCED THOUGH: This retreat is aimed at all levels and there’s nothing more important to me than making your experience enjoyable and relaxing. Saturday’s yoga will focus on restorative stretching and poses will be basic and appropriate for all levels. Sunday’s yoga session will focus on hips, quads and great stretches and strength movements for runners. Running groups will be divided into beginner and intermediate/advanced runners. The beginner group will enjoy a 5-6 mile trail run (shorter or longer depending upon the group) through Ponderosa State Park, intermediate and advanced runners will enjoy a 12(ish) mile run to Loon Lake.
- I RUN BUT MY FRIENDS RIDE: If you wish to participate in this retreat with your friends but you are not a runner, we have plenty of mountain bike options. That’s the beauty of trail running and mountain biking, it’s easy for both disciplines to enjoy the same trail. Please keep in mind that the Loon Lake trail is for intermediate to advanced riders! The Loon Lake trail is a special treat, we will visit the crash site of a 1943 B-23 Bomber.
- BUT I DON’T WANT TO CAMP: No problemo! Ponderosa State Park is inside McCall city limits and there are plenty of reasonably priced hotels in McCall, Idaho this time of year.
- BUT I WANT TO SAVE MONEY: Again no problemo! We have rented the group cabins at Ponderosa State Park. These deluxe cabins are BEAUTIFUL and offer all amenities with running water, electricity, full bathroom amenities, bedding linens, and a kitchen with stove, refrigerator, pots and pans, and all utensils.
- BUT I’M WAY HARDY AND I WANT TO PITCH A TENT: We have reserved the group camp at the park and there is a beautiful and clean bathroom with showers here. Trust me, you will love this place!
- AM I ALLOWED TO BRING ALCOHOL INTO THE STATE PARK: Uhmmm yes, this is a girl’s weekend after all! But don’t worry we will provide many options as well.
- REFUND/TRANSFER POLICY: We understand that life happens! If you need to cancel for any reason prior to June 26, 2016 (2 months prior) we will issue you a full refund; we will issue a 50% refund on your registration fee through July 26, 2016. If you wish to transfer your registration to someone else that you designate please contact us. We will transfer registrations through August 15, 2016.
Schedule & Pricing
Schedule of Events
To better plan your travel, we will begin Friday evening between 5:00-8:00 pm and end around 1:00 pm on Sunday. Friday evening from 5:00-8:00 pm will be sign in and meet and greet at the large picnic shelter, with dinner, drinks and Q&A with our certified yoga instructor Laura Sferra. Dinner will be served until 6:00 pm, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm we will provide hors d’Oeurves and drinks.
COST: Retreat Only - $250.00, Retreat plus Group Campsite - $300.00, Retreat plus deluxe cabin rental (Friday through Sunday) - $450.00
Hi my name is Kelly Dutro, my husband Dave and I started directing trail runs in the Inland Northwest in 2012. We have always loved exploring new trails and I think McCall is one of my favorite locations to run in. I competed in cross country in high school, and running has been fundamental in my life for over twenty years. I have raced distances ranging from 5k events to 50k events. I would love to share my joy of running with you!
Meet our yoga instructor, Laura Sferra. Laura has over 12 years of yoga experience and began teaching in 2010. She is a 500 hour registered yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance, with past experience teaching at North Idaho College and Garden Street Yoga . Laura is also a licensed counselor in both Idaho and Washington. She utilizes yoga as a modality of therapy, teaching individuals skills to better manage their lives.
Meet Karina Magrath. Karina is a certified mountain bike instructor through PMBI (Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Association) and has competed at the expert and Pro level in all aspects of mountain biking (XC, Enduro and DH). Karina is also an ambassador for Bell Helmet’s Joy Ride program, with the help of this program it is her goal is to help build a women’s riding community and to get more women out on the trails!
Local time: 4:07 PM