The Original Bulldog Trail Runs
Welcome to the Southern California's oldest 50k!!
Come run the challenging and popular Bulldog Ultra on Saturday, August 22nd, and choose one of two races - the 25k Trail Run or the 50k Ultra. This is the Bulldog Ultra's 29th year in the beautiful, scenic, Santa Monica Mountains.
The course offers epic views of untamed terrain and of the endless ocean from single track and fire roads weaving through the mountains. Aid Stations are located at approximately every 3-5 miles, with Cooling Stations placed along the course, as well. We look forward to supporting you as you take on the Bulldog Ultra!!
Step up to the trails, tackle a 50k, or crush your past times...located close to Hollywood, Malibu and downtown Los Angeles, the Bulldog Ultra is the perfect getaway to explore SoCal's beautiful mountains!!
Schedule & Packet Pick-Up
5:00am - Parking Opens
5:45am - 50k Check-in Opens*
6:30am - 25k Check-in Opens*
7:00am - 50k Race Starts
8:00am - 25k Race Starts
12:00pm - 25k Awards Presented
2:00pm - 50k Awards Presented
4:00pm - Course Closed
* All runners must present photo ID for bib pickup.
Awards & Swag
All Runners Get:
- Male/Female Soft Cotton T-Shirt
- 25k & 50k Finisher Medals
- Finisher Pint Glasses
- Photo Race Bibs & Chip Timing
- Amazing On-Course Photographers
- Post-Race Meal
Age Group Awards for Top 3 Finishers (male & female):
- Under 16 year olds
- 16-19 year olds
- 20-29 year olds
- 30-39 year olds
- 40-49 year olds
- 50-59 year olds
- 60-69 year olds
- 70 year olds and Up
Top 3 Overall Finishers (male & female) are presented with local made Awards
1st Place Overall Winners (male & female) earn $500 each and "The Perpetual Entry" (Free Entry for Life!!).
The Trail Challenge
1. Start with the Tough Topanga 10k on June 20th.
2. Work your way up to the Tough Mugu 25k on July 25th.
3. Get a finish at the Bulldog Ultra 50k on August 22nd.
Earn the limited edition Trail Challenge jacket when you complete all three events in one year!!
** Registration deadline to be eligible for the Bulldog Trail Challenge jacket is August 2nd, 2020.
For those living in the Los Angeles area, it's easily accessible from both the Pacific Coast Highway and the 101 Freeway. Malibu Creek State Park also offers numerous trails in addition to the Bulldog Ultra race course to train on.
The Bulldog Ultra hosts several Course Preview Training Runs throughout the year. They are a great way to learn the course and meet others!
Official Preview Runs to be announced. Please email email@example.com for Course Preview Training Run notifications.
Directions, Parking & Carpooling
The Bulldog Ultra is located in Malibu Creek State Park
1925 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
If arriving from the 101 Ventura Freeway:
• Exit Las Virgenes Road - South.
• Continue approximately 3 miles, past Mulholland Drive.
• Turn right into Malibu Creek State Park.
• If you hit Piuma Road, you went too far...turn around and go back!
If arriving from the Pacific Coast Highway:
• Go North on Malibu Canyon Road (directly south of Pepperdine University).
• Continue approximately 5 miles, past Piuma Road.
• Turn left into Malibu Creek State Park.
• If you hit Mulholland Drive, you went too far...turn around and go back!
Parking within Malibu Creek State Park is $12.00. Please have exact change ready before you enter the park. Cash only.
Free, off-street parking is available on Las Virgenes & Mulholland. Obey traffic laws and parking signs, keep all wheels off the road, and please make space for other runners.
Carpooling is awesome!! Please coordinate with friends or soon-to-be friends on the BulldogTrailRuns Facebook group.
Volunteers are AWESOME!! The Bulldog Ultra is most appreciative of all the volunteers that come together to make this event successful.
Whether you are looking to give back to the running community, to spend the morning in the mountains, to support family and friends running, or are a group that is expert at volunteering, there is a way to help!!
- Discounted entry to The 2020 Bulldog Ultra
- Bulldog Ultra volunteer shirt
- Breakfast/Lunch & coffee
- Community service hours
- Beautiful morning in nature
- To support humans doing their BEST
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Local time: 4:43 AM