We are very sorry we have had to change our run distances this year due to COVID-19. We must remain steadfast in our safety efforts to ensure our community and visitors are safe from the coronavirus. Dugway Trail Run now offers only the 5K & 10K distances with the same trail as in previous years. We want everybody who runs, staffs, and volunteers to be safe by following the established protocols:
1. If you have any of the following new symptoms in the last seven days prior to the run: fever or chills, cough (either new, or different than your usual cough), sore throat, shortness of breath, or any other flu-like symptoms YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE INSTALLATION FOR THE RUN
2. We will be taking temperatures of all runners and if you have a temperature of 100.4 or more you will be asked to leave the installation.
3. In the past week, if you have been in close contact (less than 6 feet), prolonged contact (more than 2-3 minutes) with someone suspected or confirmed COVID-19 without using infection protection and control precautions, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE INSTALLATION FOR THE RUN
4. All runners must begin the run with masks, until you can physically distance yourself from other runners.
5. Keep physical distancing in mind at all times.
6. You must mask up when coming to a water station.
7. Your medals will be picked up at the end of the race.
8. After the race we ask that you not congregate in groups larger than 4 and keep safe physical distancing with-in your group.
Race Day Information
Saturday, October 03, 2020
Day of race registration: 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Race start times are:10K Military Team Challenge - 8:30 a.m. / 10K - 9:00 a.m. / 5K 9:15 a.m. / Kid 2K starts right after the 5K
All paid entrants will receive a customized race shirt (except the Kid 2K), access to some great stocked aid stations, and cheered on by the most enthusiastic volunteers you could find, every step of the way. All runners (except the free Kid 2K runners - see below information) will receive unique finisher medals. Top runner in each age group will receive an award.
Military Team competition (4 Person Teams) will run 10K and the finish place of each individual will determine the overall team placing. Team trophy for first place team and individual award for the top runner on the winning team. THIS RUN IS A CUP-LESS EVENT.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
Race Age Categories
Men's and Women's - All Distances
Military Team (4 Person Teams) 10K
New Kid 2K distance for ages 10 and under.
The 8th Annual Dugway Trail Run gives runners the opportunity to participate in a 5K, 10K run on a Military Installation. In addition, there is a 10K Military Team Challenge consisting of 4 members per team. All distances are in the active training area of US Army Dugway Proving Ground, Utah. The desert trail offers an abundance of elevation changes with rocky, soft sand, and desert ground terrain. The course is primarily single track trail with some connecting dirt roads. Part of the trail follows wild mustang trails and views of golden eagles nests along the route. It's not uncommon to see wild mustang, antelope and more wildlife throughout the run. Children 10 years old and under may participate in The Kid 2K, which is free to run, and if you want a medal, the fee is $15.
Active Duty Military Registration
There is a $5 off coupon waiting for Military Active Duty participants for all distances except for the 10K Military Team Event. Military I.D. required to pick up your race bib. Use the coupon code MIL2020 for all distances except the 10K Military Team Event.
Installation Entrance Information
"Since Dugway Proving Ground (DPG) is a U.S. Army military installation, any person who has an outstanding arrest warrant, record of felony conviction, or any other information that might create a security risk on DPG) may be excluded from DPG and not allowed to enter and race. Questions may be referred to the DPG MWR point of contact."
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Curt Fortie or Jud Joyce at the Sports and Outdoor Recreation offices at 435-831-2318/2784
Front Gate Requirments
Come a minimum of 45 minutes early! The process getting through the gate has improved for those who pre-register on UltraSignup. Those who pre-register will be placed on the Event List. Once you get to the gate your ID (license) will be checked against the name on the list. If your name is there you will be directed to the race site located about mile 5.5 on Stark Road. If you have not preregistered you will be given a registration form to fill out and take to the registration tent at the race site. As with all Army Installations, U.S. official I.D.'s are required (Drivers License, etc.) at the front gate. If you are not pre-registered and driving in, your car registration and current vehicle insurance may be required. It is strongly encouraged to pre-register on UltraSignup.com prior to the event by midnight 01 October to avoid the more lengthy check-in process.
Your photo may be used for FMWR marketing purposes. If you do not want your photo to be included in the marketing of Dugway Trail and Ultra Run, you must let the race directors know in advance of the race.
Local time: 7:01 PM