Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Moca
    Moca McCarty  - April 26, 8:36 AM
    Eric McCarty (lauren174@comcast.net) is having trouble signing in to the forum, so he wanted me to ask you all: What kind(s) of shoes will you be wearing this weekend? Please email him with responses or post them here and I'll copy and paste them into an email. THANKS!
    1. Paul Encarnacion  - April 26, 8:58 AM
      I'll wear the Altra "The One" - I've been training in these, and my only concern is Lance's suggestion to bring a change of shoes because of the perception of the surface getting more unforgiving as the distance wears on. Unfortunately, I don't have an alternative shoe that I could switch to at this point with more cushioning. So we'll see what happens!
      http://www.altrazerodrop.com/fitness/en/Altra/Men/one-men
  2. Aisling
    Aisling Ryan  - March 6, 11:33 AM
    Is anyone interested in pacing me overnight? I am estimating a sub 28 hour finishing time.
    1. Lance Dockery  - March 20, 4:00 PM
      Aisling, sorry I haven't been keeping up with the forum! I intent to add a "find a pacer" area to the website soon so if you are still looking you should hopefully still be able to find someone.
  3. Paul
    Paul Encarnacion  - February 19, 4:21 PM
    How were the training runs? Unfortunately, I could not make it.
    1. Lance Dockery  - March 20, 3:59 PM
      I havn't kept up with the forum Paul, sorry! The training runs went well. The weather was relatively mild by winter standards both mornings and the company and conversation was great. It's always nice to chat with people about their preparation for the race and swap running stories!
  4. Michael
    Michael Rodriguez  - December 13, 9:09 AM
    Anyone in the Virginia Beach area that cares to do some training runs together please send me a message and I would be glad to meet up to do so.
  5. Michael
    Michael Rodriguez  - November 23, 11:46 AM
    This race is being held at a great time of year. I have never run a 100 but think this may be the one to try it out.
    1. Moca McCarty  - December 1, 8:38 AM
      I agree with you!
    2. Moca McCarty  - December 1, 8:39 AM
      I signed up this morning! I have verified to myself that I am crazy! :)
    3. Lance Dockery  - December 1, 7:24 PM
      It should be great weather. This is probably the hardest "easy" 100 out there though, so make sure you get in some running on the Canal or a similar surface to mentally prepare yourself for all of that flat running. There should be information about course runs coming out in the next few weeks.
    4. Chris Walters  - December 2, 10:56 PM
      can't wait to come to Knoxville
    5. Chris Walters  - December 5, 4:04 PM
      Training is going good. week7 up to 52mile/week
    6. Paul Encarnacion  - December 12, 9:13 PM
      Lance, what are "course runs"?