Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Andrea
    Andrea Feucht  - August 21, 7:42 PM
    Splits for all starters for the 120 would be super crazy awesome. Some of we DNF'ers like to see where the wheels fell off. :) Thanks, y'all!
    1. Peter Watson  - August 26, 9:26 AM
      I know that Heather has been working on transcribing all of the aid station results. It will come out in the near future. It was a pleasure to have meet you Andrea
  2. Klas
    Klas Stolpe  - July 31, 1:08 PM
    Never mind…. found it…. geez… I will be the one running/hiking in a circle
  3. Klas
    Klas Stolpe  - July 31, 12:49 PM
    Trying to find spot on website to pay for trail work donation with credit card… any ideas?
  4. Blair
    Blair Mann  - January 20, 3:18 PM
    Anyone have a formal training program they followed previously for the Fat Dog 120 with success that they are willing to share? blair.mann@gmail.com
    1. Peter Watson  - January 23, 5:14 PM
      bill we will be launching a new website for fat dog that will have a pacer page link. please look for it by the end of Feb.
    2. Peter Watson  - January 23, 5:16 PM
      as for programs and training i would befriend some of the finishers of this event that are coming and ask them their secrets.
    3. Blair Mann  - January 26, 10:25 AM
      thanks Peter
    4. Peter Watson  - January 27, 5:23 PM
      i would suggest lots of long hills, as in 3-4hr climbs. Get use to the abuse of coming back down this type of downhill as well. Speed and leg turnover can really help from Sumallo to Skyline 2 Aid station. It is the most runable section of the course. But 4 big climbs, traverses through the alpine and big downs will represent the majority of your experience.
    5. Cesare Rotundo  - May 27, 10:21 AM
      Just got in from the wait list! Haven't found the pacer link on http://www.mountainmadness.ca/fatdog.php . Interested in a pacer for the last 20mi section.
  5. Blair
    Blair Mann  - January 20, 11:45 AM
    Looking for a pacer if anyone is interested - goal is simple - cross the finish line :) - Blair Mann (blair.mann@gmail.com) Moncton, NB, Canada
  6. Peter
    Peter Watson  - November 1, 6:26 PM
    Please read Race Website before entering any of the Fat Dog races. Requirements for running this event are stated on the website and are as follows.

Requirements:

Experience. For the 120 mile, you should have completed 100 mile race previously OR Fat Dog 70 mile, OR a difficult race of less distance. For 70 mile, you must have completed at least a 50 km race. First timer for this 120 mile, we RECOMMEND a pacer for at least the last leg from Skyline aid stn to finish.
    Trail Work. Participation in trail maintenance is also a requirement and may be done anywhere. Time required for 120, 70 and 50 mile = 8 hours. For relay, 30 mile = 4 hours each. You can substitute any volunteer work or volunteers on race day if there is no trail maintenance available in your area. Or make donation to Mountain Madness Trail Maintenance Fund at $65. Mail to 518 East 15th St North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7L 2S1 or contribute online.
    Send proof of your involvement by email or snail mail; see form by JULY 31 or forfeit registration! Check for your name on this list.
  7. Peter
    Peter Watson  - November 1, 9:19 AM
    Entrance list will show by this afternoon.
  8. Peter
    Peter Watson  - October 29, 11:37 AM
    If you are in need of details about Fat Dog please contact either Heather MacDonald at mountain madness@telus.net or Peter Watson at peterandmountain@hotmail.com
    1. Tim Nelson  - November 1, 6:59 AM
      Looking forward to 2015 Peter. No taking me back from Trapper this time. :-)
    2. Peter Watson  - November 1, 9:18 AM
      HAHA. See you in August Tim!