Rainier to Ruston 1/2 Marathon, Marathon+, 50K Solo, 50 Miler Solo, 2 Person Relay, 3 Person Relay, 4 Person Relay,
Fairfax, WA
Popular Forums

OPSF5050 (IN)
Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Marilyn
    Marilyn Pyke  - June 13, 10:19 PM
    Thank you for a wonderful event. I was so excited for you to add the Half distance and wasn't disappointed. Rob and Monica did a phenomenal job organizing everything and after the race, was able to help out where I heard nothing but positive comments from relayers, 50K, and 50 milers. I hope it was worth all the effort, because this is one of the funnest events in the NW. PLEASE keep offering it each year. I will do it every time!
  2. Jessica
    Jessica Morrish  - June 5, 9:11 PM
    I had a good time, but I got lost twice on the leg from Fife to the glass museum. The route wasn't marked, and we were pretty spaced out by that point so I was alone. My only suggestion would be to PLEASE mark the routes better.
  3. Shay
    Shay Frederickson  - June 5, 1:12 PM
    What a great event! Everything was really well organized, with the exception of the course markers. We had one team member who got completely lost and thank goodness, she had her phone with her, otherwise, it may have been a different story. It would be so great to have physical directions displayed at each leg of where to go- arrows, signage, etc. I ran into another runner who commented to me that he was glad he ran into me because he had no idea where he was going. He was running his last few miles of 50, so to expect him to carry a map with him, isn't realistic. Not everyone had run the relay before, so maybe course markers aren't needed for those that run it every year or have run it before, but they are definitely needed for us newbies. Thanks for such a fun event!
  4. Dean
    Dean Siebert  - June 5, 12:49 PM
    Awesome time running the 50k. I ran it last year, but I must say this yr was better due to the course change. Loved running the trails as it was my first trail run. Thx for your teams hard work! Looking forward to next year!
  5. Krista
    Krista Highland  - June 1, 11:01 AM
    Do half-marathon runners get to also use drop-bags that we can pick up in Orting?
    1. Jim Stoddard  - June 1, 3:56 PM
      Good question, Krista. From reading between the lines if the course manual, it seems that the answer is "yes", but I am not affiliated with the race in any way so don't trust my answer. I know that bags dropped at the main starting line (near the park boundary) will be magically transported to South Prairie, and then on to either Orting or Ruston. But I don't know if there will also be a transport directly from Buckley to Orting, although it seems like there will be.

Have fun on Saturday!