If you are signing up your child, please use your child's information when registering, not yours.
The Crocker/Riverside Running Club promotes enthusiasm for running and gives students an opportunity to participate in an after-school fitness program. The club has four primary goals:
- Teach proper warm-ups, stretches, and running technique.
- Improve our athletes’ fitness with agility activities.
- Develop students’ team spirit and leadership skills by modeling the behavior of parent coaches and student work-out leaders.
- Most importantly, make it fun to run and play.
- The Running Club is open to all students, grades 1st through 6th grades, and is staffed by parent volunteers. Typically, the club meets once a week.
Marathon - Following the California International Marathon Youth Fitness Program training, kids gently accumulate 24 miles over 8 weeks then run the 2.62 mile maraFUNrun to complete their own marathon (includes miles run, walked or skipped at home - soccer counts too).
Held on school grounds, this parent supervised activity is well attended and fun for kids and parents alike. All sessions include warmup, running, games and stretches. All abilities welcome. Note, the maraFUNrun requires parent participation. To sign up for the maraFUNrun for free, register before November 15 at www.runcim.org.
Local time: 12:12 AM