Glenbeulah, WI - 50KM, 50M, 100K
50 miles, 50 KM, OR 100 KM of Northern Kettle fun in the most low key fashion imaginable. We will take off at 5 am for the 100K participants and 6am for the 50M and 50KM participants. That means headlamps... or not, that would be entertaining for the rest of us.
We aren't doing aid stations. So, you're welcome to have crews and pacers for support. However, your own two feet need to cover the entire distance.
No cutoff time. Bust it out in under 8 hours if you like. Or, take 8 days. Send me a txt when you finish and we'll count you as a finisher.
The 2014 Trainwreck 50K, 50M, and 100K is right around the corner!
Here are some bullet points to read and plan for...
* 100K starts at 5AM
* 50M and 50K starts at 6AM
* Course will be marked the same as last year for the 50M & 50K (I will attach a map)
* 100K route will be announced this week
* Water jugs/pumps (hopefully not frozen) will be placed along the course...roughly every 8 miles. (because i'm a nurse)
* This is a self supported run. Please carry all nutrition WITH YOU and a handheld or vest for hydration
* Headlamp will be needed!!
* Screws for tread is a wise idea...
* Shirts will be available again this year
* Potluck afterwards...bring your turkey leftovers!
Please contact me (Heather Moore) if you need ideas on where to stay the night before. I will attach directions to the start/finish in Glenbeulah. There is a heated (wood stove) shelter where we stayed the night before last year. BEST decision as it can be a little tricky to navigate through the kettle moraine in the dark if you haven't been to the area. PLEASE let me know if this is your option. Again, I will provide SOLID directions to the start. I need to mention that the shelter is primarily used for cross-country skiiers in the winter...so, we may be sharing the shelter during the potluck should we have snow/good skii conditions (I hope not).
PLEASE let me know your questions OR ideas!
Updates will be coming all week!
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU!!!
With the exception of a few road crossings this will be entirely on single track trail.
Local time: 6:22 PM
Starting at the Greenbush Group Camp we will run south on the Ice Age Trail. When you get to the Parnell Loop we will do one loop and continue south on the Ice Age Trail to the Highway 28 parking lot. Turn around at Highway 28 and head back to the group camp. No Parnell Loop on the return leg.
The course may be about 1/2 a mile short. Roadies are welcome to run circles in the parking lot until their Garmin says 50 miles!