Meeting Time and Location
Saturday, December 17, 2017, at 3:00 p.m.
McKinley Park Clunie Community Center
601 Alhambra Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 958i5
Our first meeting is the program orientation. It is a chance to meet your coaches, ask questions, and review the training schedule and program. This is an informational meeting only.
Note: Although there will be no workout following the orientation meeting, we strongly encourage all registrants to attend.
Our first workout is Sunday, January 8, 2017, at 7 a.m.
Sacfit Ultra is a fun, yet serious, ultra-marathon training program. The program is specially tailored for various Winter and Spring ultra marathon events including, The Way To Cool (WTC) 50K and the American River (AR) 50 Mile Endurance Run. For those who've qualified for Western State 100, we also provide an informal training program for the balance of your training from April through June
Because our program is geared toward strong coaching interaction with each individual teammate, the 2017 team is limited to 50 people.
Ultra Marathon Program - This program is designed for intermediate and advanced runners looking to train for his or her first Ultra Marathon or for veteran trail runners, to improve upon particular trail running techniques, strategy, pace, and/or race goal, including qualifying for the Western States 100-mile race.
Trail Trekkers - This is an introductory and mid-level trail running and hiking program for beginners and novices wanting to jump into or continue the trail experience, including shorter mileage trail race, or as a nexus toward the goal of an ultra-marathon-distance race. The Trail Trekker team is limited to 50 people.
• Expert coaching and mentor support. Coaches are veteran ultra-runners having completed numerous ultras including WTC, AR50, RDL100K and Western States 100.
• Three (3) supervised workout per week (Sat, Sun, and Tues)
• Coach-led groups for the weekend workouts.
• Coach-supervised mid-week workouts for stair and track venues
• In-person and e-mail support for individual questions regarding training and running related issues.
TRAINING AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
• Whole season schedule provided at the beginning of the program.
• Proven training program that maximizes success and minimizes injury. (99.5% of the past Sacfit Ultra team members entering the WTC and AR50 have finished within the cutoff. Only three have not made the cutoff for 50-miles, so we are confident our program will get you to your goal!
• Varied training venues to provide complete coverage and thorough knowledge of the entire WTC and AR50 courses.
• Seminars and emails on nutrition, apparel, footwear, form, core work & stretching.
• Oasis Stations (more than just water and electrolyte) provided for some trail workouts, including post-workout snacks.
• Tech-fiber Team Jersey with Sacfit Ultra team logo.
• Discounts at Fleet Feet Roseville.
• Inspirational, encouraging, knowledgeable, and motivational coaching!
There are separate pre-requisites for each program
Local time: 4:19 AM
ULTRA MARATHON PROGRAM
While our program accommodates a broad spectrum of athletic talent, fitness, and experience, ultra-marathon training is a serious and challenging endeavor requiring certain minimum aptitudes. The Sacfit Ultra Runners training program requires the following:
• You must have equivalent training or completed a marathon distance during November or December 2016.
• You should be comfortable with a flat surface pace of 12:00 per mile or faster for a distance of at least 15 miles.
• You must be able to currently walk or run on level surface for more than 60 minutes at a pace of 16:00 min per mile.
• You should be comfortable with unpaved and uneven trails and general wilderness elements.