Meeting Time and Location
December 12, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
McKinley Park Clunie Community Center
601 Alhambra Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95816
Our first meeting is the program orientation. It is a chance to meet your coaches, ask questions, and review the training schedule and program. This is an informational meeting only.
Note: Although there will be no workout following the orientation meeting, we strongly encourage all registrants to attend.
Our first workout is January 10, 2016, so as not to compete with the distraction of the December and New Year’s holiday weekends. But keep your training going as best you can during the holidays as we will dive right in on our first workout.
We offer two training programs
Sacfit Ultra Runners is a fun, yet serious, ultra-marathon training program. The program is specially tailored for our two target races - The Way To Cool (WTC) 50K and the American River (AR) 50 Mile Endurance Run. We will also have a supplemental program for those training for the Canyons 100K
Because our program is geared toward strong coaching interaction with each individual teammate, the 2016 team is limited to 50 people.
Sacfit Trail Trekkers is an introductory trail running and walking program. This program is specially tailored for those who would like to run and walk on trails, but are not interested in long distances or Ultra Races. This team is limited to 30 people.
Expert coaching and mentor support. Coaches are veteran ultra-runners having completed numerous ultras including WTC, AR50, RDL100K and Western States 100.
Coach led groups for each training pace for the weekend workouts.Coach supervised mid-week workouts for stair and track venues. In-person and e-mail support for individual questions regarding training and running related issues.
TRAINING AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
Whole season schedule provided at the beginning of the program.
Proven training program that maximizes success and minimizes injury. (99.5% of the past Sacfit Ultra team members entering the WTC and AR50 have finished within the cutoff (only one didn't make the cutoff). We are confident our program will get you to your goal! Multiple training venues to provide comprehensive coverage and afford thorough knowledge of the entire WTC and AR50 courses.
• Seminars and emails on nutrition, apparel, footwear, form, core work & stretching.
• Oasis Stations (more than just water and electrolyte) provided for trail workouts, including post-workout snacks.
• Technical Team Jersey with Sacfit Ultra team logo.
• Discounts at Fleet Feet Roseville/Folsom.
• Inspirational, encouraging, knowledgeable, and motivational coaches!
There are separate pre-requisites for each program
Local time: 6:08 PM
SACFIT ULTRA RUNNERS
While our program accommodates a broad spectrum of athletic talent, fitness, and experience, ultra-marathon training is a serious and challenging endeavor requiring certain minimum aptitudes. The Sacfit Ultra Runners training program requires the following:
• You must have trained for, or completed, a marathon during November or December of 2015.
• You should be comfortable with a flat surface pace of 12:00 per mile or faster for a distance of at least 15 miles.
SACFIT TRAIL TREKKERS
• You must be able to currently walk or run on level surface for more than 60 minutes at a pace of 16:00 min per mile.
• You should be comfortable with unpaved and uneven trails and general wilderness elements.
RACE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
• For those interested in training for the WTC, you must register for the WTC lottery in order to be eligible for entry into the race. Lottery opens December 1, 2015 Click here to register.
• For those interested in training for the AR50, we strongly advise you register now.. Click here to register.