Here's your chance to test your limits!
The inaugural FONDREN URBAN ULTRA will lead runners 3.1 miles through the beautiful neighborhood of Fondren. When the race begins at 7AM, ULTRA runners will have 12 hours to go as far as they can (in 5k increments). If you don't want to go at it alone, there is also a 4-person relay division. Divide the 12 hours however you'd like amongst your 4-person team. In addition to the 12 hour individual and relay run, there will also be a 5k beginning at 7AM.
There will be awards for top team and individual (male and female) for furthest distance traveled. Awards will also go to the top 3 5k finishers, both male and female.
12HR INDIVIDUAL ULTRA: $25
12HR 4-PERSON RELAY: $100
Entry fee includes race entry as well as a lululemon athletica swag bag (to the first 100 registrants) filled with ULTRA goodies galore, a custom designed FONDREN URBAN ULTRA t-shirt and non-stop aid stations at the start/finish. All proceeds from the race will go to the local non-profit animal rescue, Cheshire Abbey.
There will be a staging area at the start/finish of the loop on the Duling Green (corner of Old Canton Road and Duling Avenue), so feel free to bring your own pop-up tent, chair, cooler, stretcher, or whatever you need!
This race is brought to you by liveRIGHTnow, LLC and John and Beverly Brower. It is sponsored in part by lululemon athletica, Fleet Feet Sports and Find It In Fondren.
Packet pickup will be from 4 to 6pm on Friday, March 28th at the lululemon athletica showroom in Fondren (3100 North State Street, Suite 101, Jackson, MS)
* There will be NO race day registration.
* The 12hour run, 12 hour relay and 5k run all start at 7AM SHARP.
* Tents, tables, coolers, etc. can be set up in the staging area in the green space in front of Babalu (corner of Old Canton Road and Duling Avenue)
* Hungry Howies Pizza will be delivered for runners at noon.
* Scotta Brady of Butterfly Yoga will lead runners through 15 minutes of mid-race stretches at 1:00pm.
* Port-a-Potties will be at the staging area at the start of the race.
* There will be one water stop along the course at the mid-way point.
* There will be aid stations at the start/staging area complete with coffee (from CUPS!), sweet and
salty snacks, cokes, water and other beverages, bandaids, ibuprofen and other first aid supplies.
* This is a cup-free event: please bring your own water bottles! We will have recycling bins for all other recyclables.
* Cheshire Abbey will bring dogs available for adoption throughout the day.
* Capital City Beverage will provide beer in exchange for a donation to Cheshire Abbey.
* lululemon athletica will have a special cheer station so please encourage friends and family to come cheer for everyone!
* TEAM RELAY DETAILS: each team will be provided with ONE bib! you can have as many teammates on the course as you'd like but only the miles of the runner with the bib counts. each team must always have at least ONE runner on the course. if at any point a team has no one on the course, the team is considered finished.
* 12 HOUR DETAILS: individual runners may take breaks throughout the day as long as you stay within the staging area. if at any point an individual runner leaves the course, the runner will be considered finished. (in other words, you cannot start the race, leave to go home and walk your dog and then return.)
* 5k DETAILS: the 5k starts at 7am and will have a separate finish line from 12 hour runners. there will be an awards ceremony (announced by our friends from Fleet Feet Sports) after the 5k.
5K: Awards will go to the top three female 5k finishers as well as the top three male 5k finishers.
Local time: 6:48 PM
12 HOUR TEAM RELAY: the top team for furthest distance traveled will be awarded.
12 HOUR INDIVIDUAL: the top female and male with the furthest distance traveled will be awarded.
there will also be a special award for the overall finisher with the most mileage.