• $55 (GUTS members: $50). NO REFUNDS! NO TRANSFERS!
• What, you're not a GUTS members? So join already! Here on Ultrasignup!
• A portion of the proceeds of the 2017 event will go to the Friends of Sweetwater Creek State Park
Sports Science gold label shirts for all entrants. This is not your grandma's tshirt! Performance cotton fabric. Men's and women's sizes, so pay attention on the entry form!
****NOTE: This is not an Ultra For First Timers! I request that you have verifiable ultra experience. If you do not, please contact me and convince me that you are prepared for this type of race. I will most likely let you run....
- From I-20 exit #44 at Thornton Road, turn south (left if heading west, right if heading east) and go 1/4 miles.
- Turn right on Blairs Bridge Road.
- After 2 miles, turn left on Mount Vernon Road.
- Turn left on Factory Shoals Rd. and follow signs to the Interpretive Center.
- Follow race signage for race parking instructions.
The course is 1.137769 miles long, almost entirely trail. Being trail, you should expect roots, rocks, sand, and wildlife. There is also a very short section of pavement, but you'll barely notice it!
Overall Hottest Male & Hottest Female. Oldest and Youngest Finisher. In order to qualify for an award, you must still be moving on the course after the 7 hour mark.
- One fully stocked aid station at start/finish. Included will be darn near everything you need: wide variety of sweet and salty foods, sports drink, water & lots of ice.
- Runner-heckling volunteers included at no extra charge.
- There will be NO pain killers (ibuprofen, tylenol, etc.) of any type provided by the race.
- You must provide your own electrolytes pills (SCaps, Endurolytes, etc.).
No whining about what is or isn't at the aid station, if you want something special, bring it!
BYOB for post race in the group shelter!
At the Hot To Trot 8 Hour Race, our goal is to provide the race as advertised. As the name implies, you can count on it being HOT (we had a freak cold snap in 2004, but we're pretty sure that won't happen again). Temps are easily in the 90's this time of year in Georgia, with humidity off the scale. Hyponatremia and dehydration can be serious. Runners are expected to use proper electrolytes in order to stay alive! The race director reserves the right to pull anyone whom he feels is putting themselves in danger. If you do not know how to manage your electrolytes, learn BEFORE this run, not during! Note: race director is stubborn and hard headed! Please, please oh please carry a bottle with you
Local time: 9:47 AM