Sunday, Jun 12, 2016

Goat Butt

1 Cherry Lane

Mendham, NJ 50 Miler, 50K, 10 Miler

This Event Took Place Sun. Jun 12, 2016

About the event

Don’t miss the second annual Goat Butt. In 2016 there is now a 50 Mile option to go along with the 50K and 10 Mile Run in and around beautiful and quiet Mendham NJ. Whether you’re a seasoned 50 mile runner, someone looking to step up to a 10 mile run, or someone just looking to run on some beautiful trails in NJ, here’s your race.

This race will be a half ass event, so no entrance fee and no swag; however there are some requirements.

Mandatory requirements include: advanced registration (no day of). Also when you show up, you must bring, an item for the crowd-sourced aid station, a box of food for donation to the food pantry and $5 cash. As for what to bring for the aid station, Tailwind Nutrition will be available, but folks can always use snacks or plain water. So please bring something to help contribute.

There is NO OPTION to drop down from any race nor to run up during the race. If you don't finish your race then you DNF.

For the 50 mile option, you will run a loop of just under 17 miles three times. So three times you’ll pass through the start/finish line. For the 50K and 10 mile, you'll run from the start to the 7.5 mile mark on the map (up Woodland Rd) then complete the balance of the loop used for the 50 mile.

Estimated elevation for each loop of the 50 mile is 2,700 gain and 2,700 loss. For those looking at the 50 mile, 2 miles of the first 7 are on road. Rest is very runnable trail just like the 50K/10 mile course.

We will try to find volunteers to man aid stations, but runners should be ready to complete a loop with only aid at the start/finish. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Time cutoffs:
50 milers: The only time cutoff is after the 2nd loop. If you don’t start your 3rd loop by 3:30pm, then you won’t be allowed to continue.
50K: The only time cutoff is after the 2nd loop. If you don’t start your 3rd loop by 12:45pm, then you won’t be allowed to continue
10 milers: The only cutoff is that you must complete the course by noon.
Remember: There is NO OPTION to drop down from any race nor to run up during the race. If you don't finish your race then you DNF.

REMINDER: IF, you are stupid enough to litter, then please stay home. Also, you need to respect traffic on the few roads you'll encounter, as well as other folks enjoying the trail. As was exercised last year, if you are busted, then you're banned for life from any future events and you'll have either 12 hours added to your finish time or be given a DNF (my choice).

Time to get your butt on.

Amenities

Go before you get there although the town library may be open starting at 2pm. There are no public facilities on the course. Runners should plan accordingly.

Course

For the 50 mile option, you will run a loop of just under 17 miles three times. So three times you’ll pass through the start/finish line. For the 50K and 10 mile, you'll run from the start to the 7.5 mile mark on the map (up Woodland Rd) then complete the balance of the loop used for the 50 mile.

Estimated elevation for each loop of the 50 mile is 2,700 gain and 2,700 loss. For those looking at the 50 mile, 2 miles of the first 7 are on road. Rest is very runnable trail just like the 50K/10 mile course.

The 50K will consist of running a 10.33 mile loop three times. Each loop has 1,003’ of elevation gain and 1,003’ of loss. The race will be 85% trail, including several stream crossings (rock hopping available) and the other 15% on road including the first 1.25 mile of each loop. About .9 miles of each loop is on very technical trail where you may be hiking and not running. Runners will also cross 2 public roads via marked crosswalks. The 10 mile run will consist of 1 loop. Runners are responsible for their own transportation should they not be able to complete the course under their own power. Most of the course is relatively accessible; however some areas are pretty remote. A course map will be posted on the facebook page. Runners should print a copy at home and bring along. The course will be open to the public during the event, so please practice proper etiquette including yielding to oncoming horses.

Time to get your butt on.

Local time: 6:10 PM
False

Results

Ask a Question

Top Performances