This is a USATF sanctioned event.
Welcome to the English's Ridge Rumble!
The race will be held at Green Lakes State Park starting at the disc/frisbee golf course. When entering the park take the first right up towards the campgrounds and then the first left. Follow that road to the very end where the start/finish will be located.
This event will host 3 different race distances ranging from a 10 mile to 50k distance. The race course traverse's as many ridge's as we could possibly squeeze in over a loop course. The race has a 1-2-3 lap option and with each lap being approximately 10.33 miles after 3 you will have completed a 50k distance. New for 2020 will be the 50k 3 person relay option (details below).
This race is always in April which is early in the year. When registering for this race you must keep in mind the time of year and the potential for tough trail conditions. Last April the temperature was in the upper 20's to low 30's but it could 30's to 50's. Last year there was a foot and a half of snow on the course one week before the race, so this year we pushed it 3 weeks to hopefully avoid that. However, EXPECT wet muddy conditions.
**BEFORE you consider registering for this event you must be prepared to run on trail and have the appropriate footwear. When you register for the event you agree to release English's Ridge Rumble and all of it's affiliates of any liability from you or anyone related. This is a trail event, and that comes with the potential for injury. There will most likely be mud and potentially lots of it.***
This race is a barebones race in order to try and keep race registration fee's down. There will of course be swag with registration but it will be limited. When registering you will be given the opportunity to purchase a shirt at checkout.
Local time: 8:04 PM
The races we put on are pretty cheap and we are making every effort to make this race the most exciting event possible. Due to that and the costs associated with hosting the event we will only offer a full refund until January 1st. After that 50% refund until March 1st. Anything after March 1st there will be no refunds without medical reasons.
This is a trail race, we are hosting this event with the idea that you have some experience running trails and/or in the rain/snow. The race is going to be April and in Syracuse that could me basically anything. There will be no rain date for the race. Here at headquarters, while we don't want anyone to get injured we look forward to any challenges we must face on the course. If there is planned thunderstorms for the day, we will still meet there and run the race as safely as possible. If that means delaying the start for an hour or two then thats what we will do.
Plan accordingly please, if you are unable to make the race and you have registered please let us know. We will be maintaining a waitlist if the race fills up, so you will be able to give another runner a chance to race.