September 14, 2019: Allegheny Trailrunners Inc. is proud to present Rock 'N The Knob – PA’s Highest Trail Race
The marathon begins at 8:00am and the Half Marathon starts at 9:00am and the 10K starts at 9:30am. The race will offer three courses: a 10K course, a half-marathon course and a challenging marathon course for the more experienced.
The courses have changed throughout the years, each year getting better:
2016: The 5.5 mile was extended to a 10K by adding more mileage on the ski slopes and adding "I Need a Sherpa".
2016: The 20-mile course eliminated Whysong Road (paved) with a new course (all trail) from mile 7 to 14 to include Chappelle Hill, Deep Hallow and Hope's Fall
2017: A totally new and challenging 10K course on the northern side of Blue Knob featuring The Devils Backbone, Throat Punch Hill, Neddle Patch and the Billiards.
2018: The 20-mile course has been expanded to a full marathon!
2019: The addition of a third course: A half-marathon!
- At over 3,100 feet above sea level, it is Pennsylvania’s highest race.
- A 10K or 26-mile option. Both are more technical (rocky) than our little sister, the Dirty Kiln Trail Race.
- More than 6,450 feet of climbing or 12,750 feet of elevation change in the 26-mile race.
- Lodging packages available at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort, wake up feet from the start and finish.
- Rock N’ The Knob technical shirts and metal bottle openers for the first 200 hundred registrants.
- Pint glasses for all finishers and marathon finishers receiving a growler
- Post-race food is included with the entry fee.
- Beer from Michelob and Furrer Beverage.
- A Trail Runner Magazine Trophy Series race
Marathon Quick Facts:
- 26-Mile Race Description (26.0 miles and 6450+ feet of CLIMBING and 12,750+ feet of elevation CHANGE.)
- Time cut offs: 9 hours to complete the race. 7 hours at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort. The cut-off at 14.2 miles at Raven’s Rest is 5 hours.
1424 Overland Pass Claysburg, Pennsylvania 16625
REFUNDS POLICY participants are eligible for a 50% refund of race fee minus Ultrasignup fees until 8/26/2019.
Local time: 10:05 AM
NO DEFERRALS OR BIB TRANSFERS.
NO SAME DAY REGISTRATIONS.