San Pedro Valley County Park, Pacifica, CA
Welcome to the 20th running of the Pacifica Trail Run. These trails are a coastal jewel nestled between the Santa Cruz Mountains and foothills of Pacifica. It offers diverse coastal vegetation, year-round creeks, and a 150' waterfall. Enjoy views of meadows, eucalyptus groves, wildflowers , steep ridges and hillside grasslands. On clear days enjoy vistas of the Pacific Ocean, San Francisco and Marin County. The ocean provides cooler air for a fast, fun run through one of the most bio-diverse and pristine coastal parks in California.
WOOF ALERT: The park does not allow dogs.
San Pedro Valley County Park
600 Oddstad Blvd
Pacifica, CA 94044
- There is a $6.00 entrance parking fee.
- Please do your best to carry exact change so as to help with traffic and park rangers.
- We always encourage carpooling to help ease of parking for all.
- There is 9 hour time limit for all distances.
- Hikers and speed walkers are welcome but please be mindful of the time. Cut-off is 6 hours at 30K Mark.
- Yes, black long-sleeve shirts for entrants.
- Need to register by June 28th to Guarantee Shirt.
Banner Photo Credit: Leor Pantilat
New Course Design!
As new owners, we are listening to everyone. Here is what you told us. "Same course by all the trail racing companies is boring." Here ya go. New 50K, 30K and 21K courses over to the beach at Gray Whale Cove. Sounds like more fun for all. Join us!
- 50K: 30K + 21K courses
Elevation Gain: +7,206 feet
- 30K: https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/cCganXFCxD/edit
Elevation Gain: +4,289 feet
- 21K: https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/Crsop1Ois5/edit
Elevation Gain: +2,917 feet
- 9K: https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/5t6qB8C9Up
Elevation Gain: +1,362 feet
50K, 30K & 21K:
- There will be two aid stations with the new course design for the 30K and Half-Marathon courses.
- One at the start/finish and one at Gray Whale Cove Beach Parking lot for the Half-Marathon and 30K Runners.
- Map and Mileage chart to show this soon.
The 9K will not have an aid station during your loop. We highly advise carrying water or electrolyte drink in a water bottle or hydration pack.
We will provide a variety of fresh fruit, salty snacks, PB&J sandwiches, Salt Stick salt tabs, sugary snacks, GU Chews, GU Gels, GU Stroopwafels. GU electrolytes sports drink, coke, ginger ale, and water. Additionally, it is highly recommended that runners carry at least 20 oz. of water between aid stations.
Awards & T-Shirts
FINISHER MEDALS: All finishers will receive a hand made medal produced by Elevation Culture (Made In California)
AGE GROUP AWARDS: Age group 2017 winners will receive a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place medal that also functions as a bottle opener. These, produced and made in the USA by Ashworth Awards, are awarded to the female and male 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finisher in each ten-year age group for each distance.
ULTRA MARATHON FINISHERS: Will receive a custom hand made coaster also by Elevation Culture.
T-SHIRTS: Register by June 28th to be guaranteed the event shirt in your size. We always bring out the previous years shirts for those that register late. We do not put year of event on our shirts.
Local time: 1:23 AM