The 2014 Dizzy GOAT is officially sold out!
Thank you to all who have registered for our second year. Don't panic if you did not make it in. The wait list is open and any openings will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
The Dizzy GOAT- 3, 6, and 12 hour runs
June 21 2014
3, 6, or 12 hours of challenging trails at Schramm Park State Recreation Area
Come on out to The Dizzy GOAT where you get to choose how long you run, walk, or crawl on this challenging 3.25 mile looped course, over and over, and... Get the idea?
The Dizzy GOAT is the 5th race in the Great Plains Trail Series hosted by The Greater Omaha Area Trail Runners and Angry Cow Adventures.
Points scored during this and all races in the series will apply to your overall standing. Series winners will be determined after the finale, The 3rd Annual G.O.A.T.z Trail Runs at Cunningham Lake in Omaha on October 26th, 2014
· Place: Schramm State Recreation Area
· Date: June 21, 2013
· Time: 12 hour - 7:00 a.m. / 6 hour - 1:00 p.m. / 3 hour - 4 p.m.
All runners regardless of their start time will finish at 7 p.m. We will have post-race awards and gathering for all volunteers and participants. The sun doesn't set until 9:00, so stick around, unwind, and have a little fun on us.
· Through April 26 - 3 hour - $35 / 6 hour - $50 / 12 hour - $65
· April 27th - June 14th - 3 hour - $45 / 6 hour - $60 / 12 hour - $75
What you get:
· All runners who achieve one of the following standards will receive a sweet Dizzy GOAT medal
o 3 Hours or 9.75 miles (3 loops) / 6 Hours or 19.5 miles (6 loops) / 12 Hours or 39 miles (12 loops)
· Wicking T with custom race design by Chad Crouch of Crouch Cartoons
· Special gift (12 Hour runners only)
· Post-race food and drink
· Incredible aid station food
· A chance to run on the trails of a Nebraska State Parks system gem, Schramm Park.
What is The Dizzy GOAT?
You run your own race. Go as fast or slow as you like or can. Stop, take a break, heck, take a nap. It's up to you. You have 3, 6, or 12 hours to go as far as you can in the time you've chosen. Particularly nutty 12 hour runners may even be able to accomplish 50 miles or more.
What are the rules?
· Have fun!
· Challenge yourself
· Remain at the park until your race is over or you decide you've had enough. If you leave the park, we will consider your race over, but you may return at 7 to celebrate yours and the others accomplishments.
*If you decide to take a break during the run, please let the timer know when you do, and when you start up again.
That's it! Simple, right?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - How long is the race?
Local time: 5:04 PM
A - How long do you want it to be?
Q - How far is the loop?
A - 3.25 miles
Q - Will there be aid stations?
A - Yes! We will have one fully stocked aid station ala the G.O.A.T.z Trail Runs at the start finish area and a water stop around 2 miles.
Q - Do I have to keep going?
A - Nope! This is your race. You can stop any time you want. You must notify the timer of your decision to take an extended break or drop.
Proceeds from The Dizzy GOAT will go toward purchasing rock and other needed materials for the Schramm State Park Recreation Area trails. The G.O.A.T.z are also committed to providing our time and energy to help better the Schramm trail system.