WELCOME TO ULTRALADIES
Welcome to our UltraLadies and UltraLadies’Men
2018 Training Program!
Please join us for the 25th year of UltraLadies. We are primarily a women's training group, but we also welcome UltraLadies'Men and have experience in coaching a wide array of athletes, race distances, terrains and altitudes.
Whether you are new at trails or are a veteran who wants to better your performance, we are here to guide, coach and celebrate your hard work and success.
The Ultra Ladies and Ultra Ladies Men mentors include experienced runners who have completed a variety of marathons and ultras including at least one 100 mile race. They all bring different experiences from being a certified yoga instructor, marathon pace leading, RRCA Certified Coaches to overcoming breast cancer.
“When you train smart a race is simply a celebration of your hard work.”
New Group Starts on July 28
Join us for our Summer/Fall Training Program beginning on July 28. Whether you are a new trail runner or you want to train for ultra marathons, we can help you get there. You will run with marked trails, in the company of like-minded people and experienced coaches & mentors. We also offer bi-weekly tempo runs, training clinics, race coupons and % off from our Sponsor Store Fleet Feet Encino/Westlake to find the best in trail running gear. The value of these deals almost pays for your training!
The Summer/Fall Ultra Training Group will train for Ray Miller 50k, Avalon 50k/50m, or Javelina 100k/100m.
What are your running goals?
• Follow a proven training plan for the 50K
• New Runner Orientation
• Weekly group runs with the UltraLadies team
• There is a run each week, alternating between a Satuday Long Run on the trails and a Wednesday Tempo Run at a local park
• For the long runs there are two distance options. For example those who want to complete a 50k may run 12 miles and those training for a 50 miler will run 26 miles.
* Long runs are generally out and back and marked so you can push yourself and learn the trails. The other benefit is say you have a work event or kids soccer game you can join the group, turn around early and still make your event.
* Discounted entries into some of Southern CAs most popular ultra races: Bulldog; Rocky Peak; SD50; Ray Miller; Paramount Ranch; Sean O/Brien
•Ultra Mama's Running Clinics taught by experienced ultra runners
• Be part of a running tribe with other UltraLadies and Ladies’Men
• Pacer and Crew connections for your races
• Access to coaches and mentors during all training events
* Email access to your Coaches "Ultra Mama" Nancy and Jennifer so your questions may be answered
* Confidence building and experience with hands on coaching
• Training schedule which Nancy or Jennifer will help you adjust for your goal race
* 20% off Trail Run Events Races
* Goodie Bag (items vary but in the past have included some items from our sponsors such as Injinji socks, Pickle Juice, and Sport Beans)
* Ultra Mama's FREE Clinics
* Ultra Ladies Shirt
* Access to all of the runs
* Discount to Ultra Mama's Clinics
* 15% off Trail Run Events Races
* Ultra Ladies Shirt
Meet Your Coaches
Founder/Owner of UltraLadies
Nancy began ultra marathon running in 1990 and has finished more than 100 races of distances from the marathon to 100+ miles. Nancy founded the UltraLadies in 1994 to develop a group of women to train together on remote mountain trails. In 2003, Nancy became the first person documented to qualify for and complete the two most prestigious foot races in the world, in the same year; the Boston Marathon and the Badwater 135 Mile Ultra Marathon. Nancy holds a CA nursing license where her career as a groundbreaking educator, coach and motivational speaker in the field of natural childbirth translated perfectly to helping runners combine physical, mental and emotional strategies to complete ultra marathons. Nancy is also owner/race director of Trail Run Events, LLC with a stellar reputation for bringing the very best trail running experiences to Southern California runners.
Ultra Ladies Event Director and Lead Mentor
Jennifer joined the Ultra Ladies in 2011 as a newbie and progressed through the seasons as a regular Ultra Ladies member. Whatever doubts, nerves or fears you may experience, you can be sure Jennifer has been there. Jennifer is an RRCA Certified Running Coach and has finished numerous ultra marathons including five 100-mile endurance runs.
Mitch Jacoves is a long standing UltraLadies'Man and is also a RRCA Certified Running Coach. Mitch has 10-years experience coaching LA Roadrunners in the LA Marathon Training Program. Mitch has completed several 100-mile endurance runs including the tough Tahoe Rim 100.
What is the Cost?
FULL MEMBERSHIP (train for the 50k): $240.00
This session goes from July 28 to December 15 and includes 35 scheduled meet-ups for long runs, tempo runs, **races and clinics. Your training will culminate with running Paramount 50K on December 15! **Additional fee for race registration. (Runners who have a running base may choose to run the longer long runs and complete a 50 miler in Dec or Jan)
ANNUAL TRAINING (train for the 50M): $400.00
This session goes from April 7 to December 1 and includes 30 scheduled meet-ups for long runs, tempo runs, **races and two clinics. Your training will culminate with running Ray Miller 50-Mile on December 1. **Additional fee for race registration.
Returning Ultra Ladies DROP IN MEMBERSHIP: $150.00
Run with Ultra Ladies on a "come as you are" basis. This option is only available to returning Ultra Ladies.
Discounts available for 2017 returning Ultra Ladies; email Jennifer email@example.com.
Individualized coaching and personalized training plans are available for an additional fee from Nancy Shura-Dervin and Jennifer Davis. For information about UltraLadies Coaching, contact Nancy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer: email@example.com.
Local time: 11:34 AM
• PO Box 17900, Encino, CA 91416
• Cell: 575-756-4217
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cell: 818-294-0075
* Email: email@example.com