We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Nanny Goat 12/24/100 is the flagship event in the new Wild Horse Racing Series and your Race Directors are Shelli Sexton and Rachael Kadell. For ten years, the Sexton family have hosted the Nanny Goat 24-hour race on their private horse ranch located in Riverside, California. Shelli and Rachael are delighted and honored to continue the tradition with dates, times, and venue the same as it has been for the last ten years but with a fresh new feel and some added fun for the kids.
The race takes place over Memorial Day Weekend on a one-mile dirt loop on a private horse ranch located in Riverside, California. The ranch is owned by the Sexton Family. The goal is to complete as many laps as possible within the allotted 12 or 24-hour period, either solo or as a relay team of up to 4 runners. A 100-mile option is available with a slight price increase for those who want to tackle their first 100 miler. All 100-mile entrants must complete 75 miles by 8:00 am on Sunday. Those runners may continue until reaching 100 miles or until 2:00pm. New for 2019 is a 4-hour option for those wanting to get in miles but not wanting to stay all day or night.
The course is flat, the footing is good, and the trail is wide enough to allow easy passing. Support is never more than a half mile away. Camping is available within a few feet of the course and space is allocated on first-come basis. The 24-hour race will start on Saturday morning at 8:00 am and will end on Sunday at 8:00 am. 12-hour runners may opt for a daytime or night time 12-hour segment (8:00 am to 8:00pm on Saturday or 8:00 pm Saturday to 8:00 am Sunday). 4-hour runners may opt for a daytime or night time segment (starting either 8:00 am or 8:00 pm on Saturday)
Swag will be presented to all entrants - tech shirts, buffs and other goodies courtesy of our magnificent sponsors - and many, many chances to win prizes. There will be medals for all, regardless of how many loops you complete with buckles for 100-mile finishers. If you're a legacy runner looking for the next buckle in the series, Old Goat Emeritus Steve Harvey will have it for you at the finish line.
In addition to race food and beverages provided in the transition area, there will be popsicles on Saturday, a Saturday afternoon BBQ, and a Sunday morning breakfast for runners and race volunteers. Crews, spectators, friends and family members may enjoy the BBQ and breakfast for a $20 fee ($10 children 12 and under) payable online or at the event; wristbands will be given to those who purchase the meal plan.
Please check out our upcoming new website for more information and updates on prices, camping maps, food lists and volunteer sign-up sheet.
Active duty military and first responders may receive a 25% discount. Email email@example.com for the coupon code. Please indicate which branch of service, city, and department.
Tattoo Discounts: If you have a permanent tattoo of the Old Goat logo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about our new policy on Tattoo discounts.
Repeat offenders: If you have run Nanny Goat in the past, email us at email@example.com for a discount code, making sure to let us know which year(s) you have participated in the fun.
Postcard discounts: If you have were given a Wild Horse Racing postcard by a Riverside business, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.
We hate rules but don't like those who violate them even more.
1. Don't feed the horses. Feeding a horse WILL result in an immediate eviction! No exceptions. This is a working ranch with paying boarders who do not wish their horses to be disturbed *
2. Don't encourage bandits (friends will have an opportunity to join you for a few laps after 8 PM).
3. No smoking anywhere (except in parking area).
4. No abusive language.
5. No naked miles (we don’t want to cause the hosts a heart attack!).
6. Families with children are welcome but children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
7. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
8. Food and beverages are free for runners. Crew, spectators, friends and family need to purchase a wristband.
9. Please park and camp in designated areas. There will be volunteers to direct you.
* Shelli may have a couple of horses to be petted IF the horse comes up to the fence; no one is to step into any enclosure or pasture with the horses. There will be signs indicating which horses (if any) may be petted.
No refunds. No transfers (except members of 24 Hr Relay Teams). Roll overs will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact RDs for more info.
For Stalls (in the barn), Sweat (volunteer opportunities) and Sales (vendor opportunities), please go to
Local time: 5:38 AM