PACIFIC COAST TRAIL RUNS presents...
Race Day Registration
- We will have race day registration (((add $15))). CASH or CHECK only. Race Day Registrants must pick up shirt after race. Shirt size and specific style not guaranteed
Shirt Update 4/18/18
When you get to checkout to order shirt and you don't see the style/size combo you like, then you will have to select another style/size or select no shirt. We will have no shows and shirt size may be available after your event.
Post Race Meal
Chef Yaku will definitely have plenty of vegetarian options as an alternative with his Roasted Pig.
Rodeo Beach at Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Imagine looking across a valley and seeing runners' flashlights lit up like stars along the trail. Come and join the exciting adventure, you will enjoy sights and sounds that can be found at this national treasure.
The Night Sweats Marathon, 15 Km & 8 km begins at Rodeo Beach. You will see from several vantage points on the trail the beauty of the lights of San Francisco. Tiburon and the Bay Bridge. We use the entire expanse of Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area. You will travel well-groomed trails of Rodeo Beach, Muir Beach, while hearing the roar of the ocean and enjoy vistas of the Pacific Coastline.
The trail is marked with reflective ribbon to keep you safely on course. We employ the same safety procedures for our 100 mile night time event. We require that the runners use headlamps and/or flashlights to light up the trail.
There is nothing more peaceful, exciting and satisfying as trail running at night. And, there is no better event than Night Sweats at the Marin Headlands.
- 8K: $40, $45 on February 1st, $50 on March 1st.
- 15K: $50, $60 on February 1st, $70 on March 1st.
- Marathon: $70, $80 on February 1st, $90 on March 1st.
- Add $15 to Race Day Registration
- Click here for the mail in registration form
- 7:00 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. at the starting area at Rodeo Beach.
- No fee for parking.
***For those marathoners challenged with time and night running, we will feature an EARLY START at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- 8:30 p.m. Marathon
- 8:50 p.m. 15 km
- 9:10 p.m. 8 km
Time Limits & Cut-offs
- There is a 7 hour time limit for the Marathon.
- Marathon 15K Cutoff is 2 Hours and 15 Minutes (4.2 mph). You will be given a 15K finish time if you are unable to complete your first loop in that time.
- 15K runners will have 6 hours to finish.
- 8K you will have 5 hours to finish.
RODEO BEACH: Start/Finish Location & Parking Instructions
Rodeo Beach is located in the Marin Headlands. The area is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The start/finish area is at Fort Cronkhite in Sausalito is home to the Rodeo Beach Trail Run. Use the location "Rodeo Beach, Sausalito" or the address below for your navigation device of choice.
1049 Mitchell Rd
Sausalito, CA 94965
For the Parking Map click Click here
Anyone with this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw3dwxgBnoLtOXA4dUs5cWtZT3AwS0ZCNFdzb3psZ1ozU193/view (Copy and paste into your browser) can access the map. Same as the "'Click Here” link above.
Parking Alert: There is NO PARKING allowed at the public parking area where the start/finish area is located. Runners can be dropped off. Anyone parking here is subject to a parking ticket by the GGNRA. Early arrivers will be 100 yards from the start where Fitzpatrick St meets the Rodeo lagoon foot bridge. After the parking is full on Mithcell Rd, cars will be directed by our parking attendants up Bunker Rd near The Marine Mammal Center. All others will be out by the Rodeo Lagoon car bridge about 1/2 Mile away.
Woof Alert: WE LOVE DOGS! They are allowed on the trails, at the start/finish area and nearby beach on a 6 foot leash. Please do not leave your dog in the car while you run or we will have the Supervising Ranger find it a temporary home while you finish your race.
Course Maps & Elevation Charts
COURSE UPDATE: Tuesday 4/17/18 Mandatory Course Modification
Click here for the modified 2018 course map, elevation charts, mileage, and aid station sheet
- In order to cooperate with the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and Tennessee Valley Horse Stables, we have modified the course. This is a safer and surrounding community friendly course. Pirates Cove is far too dangerous at night now and extraction could be complicated.
- This change only effects the Marathon runners. Marathon Runners will first run the 15K Loop then run the 26K loop after to complete the marathon course.
- Elevations Charts available within RunGoApp links below.
- See Tab bottom right of map link.
- 8K - 1,014 ft
- 15K - 1,824 ft
- Marathon - 4,819 ft
Time Limits & Cut-offs
- MARATHON 15K Cutoff is 2 Hours and 15 Minutes (4.2 mph). You will be given a 15K finish time if you are unable to complete your first loop in that time.
- 15K Modification: Runners will now run down to lower Tennessee Valley Trail up to Tennessee Valley Aid Station. This is the only modification. You have 6 hours to finish.
- 8K: Your course is the same. You have 5 hours to finish.
For 2017 and prior Course Map click here
For the 8K RunGoApp Map and Elevation Chart click here
For the 15K RunGoApp Map & Elevation Chart click here
For the Marathon (Loop 2) RunGoApp Map &Elevation Chart click here
We serve food in prepackaged snack packs for your health. We will provide a variety sweet and salty snacks, bananas, tangerines, PB&J sandwiches, limited amount of Gu Energy Labs nutritional and energy products such as gels, stroopwafels, salt capsules, and energy chews. All aid stations feature GU electrolyte drink, coke, ginger ale, and water. Additionally, it is highly recommended that runners carry at least 20 oz. of water between aid stations via hand-held water bottle or hydration pack.
Shirts & Awards
All participants that register by April 12, 2018 will be guaranteed their requested shirt size and material. We will order extra shirts based upon previous race data and relative entries. All late and race day registrants must wait until after the event to pick up their shirt. You will have a 50/50 shot to receive a shirt of your requested size, but you may be generous to gift a different gender and sized shirt to a loved one.
We have found giving a choice between Cotton and Tech material shirts has made you happy. During registration you will be asked what type of shirt you would like and then you size. To help you with your decision making process, we can tell you the "Tech-Material" (not cotton) shirts are made by Sport-Tek and generally run "loose" and not tight fitting and therefore recommend you order your true size or smaller if you like tight fitting tech shirts. If you select "Cotton Blend", we can tell you they are a high quality shirt and tend to be more fitted than loose like other all cotton shirts.
All finishers will receive a handmade wood medal from Elevation Culture.
Top 3 Winners
Top 3 Male & Female Overall Winners in each distance will win dollar value race credit for future Pacific Coast Trail Runs events.
- 1st Place - $75 race credit towards future 2018 PCTR Race
- 2nd Place - $50 race credit towards future 2018 PCTR Race
- 3rd Place - $25 race credit towards future 2018 PCTR Race
Age Group Awards
Each age group winner will receive a special 2018 Age Group Medal because these are what we ordered for the original date. Age Group Award Winners include Top 3 Male & Female in each of the following age group categories:
Volunteering, Refunds, Transfers, Race Credit Policies
Volunteers and our amazing PCTR team are what make our trail running events thrive. We pride ourselves in how much we respect and reward our volunteers. Love those ”Go run a trail” shirts? Well, volunteering is the only way to get those. We also like to feed you with our amazing post-race BBQ. We also sometimes order other swag like trucker hats or beanies for volunteers depending on the event.
Shall you like to volunteer for one of our events, then please email Greg at RunPCTR@gmailcom.
If you bring a friend or family member and they don't enter events, you earn their credits.
- Earn $10 in Race Credits for every hour worked. (4hrs = $40)
- Round 1/2 hours up. (5.5hrs = $60)
- Earn 2X Credits for bad weather volunteering.
- Earn 2X Credits for volunteering for night shifts after 8pm and before 6am.
- Volunteer 8+ hour shift and earn $40 bonus credits for event.
- Receive the coveted PCTR "Go Run a Trail!" shirt and more.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45 or 14 day window because you are unable to run due to injury or under training, and volunteer at the intended event or another event within 30 days of your event, then we will apply 100% race credit for a future PCTR event. You will also receive additional race credits for the hours you volunteered.
Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees associated with Pacific Coast Trail Run Events are non-refundable and non-transferable. The amount of time and expense that goes into a PCTR event is high. Contracts, permit fees, awards, shirts, and all things associated with your event happen a long time before your race day. Surely, if many of you wanted a refund because you got injured, become sick, or have to attend a family function, then all trail running companies would be out of business. We also do not transfer entries for numerous reasons. We do, and will provide race credits for a future PCTR event (less Ultrasignup.com registration fees) shall something come up that prevents you from attending the event you paid for.
For 100% race credit towards another PCTR event, you must notify us 45 days before your event. For 50% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 14 days before your event. For 25% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 72 hours remaining before your event. Your race credits will be valid for one year from the time you earned them.
Clean Sport Pledge
We pledge to support clean sport by inviting to athletes to compete at our events who are committed to training, racing and living clean and not inviting athletes to compete who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We are in favor of random drug testing, especially when there is prize money offered at the event. Our organization also chooses to not work with coaches and agents that have athletes that are currently working with athletes that have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We understand we have a responsibility to protect a level playing field and we will be role models in the community as ambassadors and advocates for clean sport. We pledge to honor clean sport by inviting and supporting clean athletes at our races.
Pacific Coast Trail Runs upcoming events
Local time: 2:13 PM