Mar 23, 2024
50M, 50K, 14 Miler, 10K Trail Race
Hyner Trail Challenge (PA)
Apr 20, 2024
50K, 25K
Login Now to participate in the forum!

1. Kelly
    Kelly Lee  - December 2, 3:29 PM
    I am signed up for the run, but I do not see anywhere on the site regarding directions to the location. Not even an address. Can someone please let me know?
  2. Cameron
    Cameron Clements  - December 1, 2:39 AM
    Can anyone help with what type of food and drink will be at the aid stations? Thx
  3. Colin
    Colin Castner  - November 14, 10:39 AM
    Hello-Signed up for my first Last Chance 50k. Excited to participate and looks like a great time! Questions-is this more of a trail runner shoe trail I am accustomed to with a lot of rocks and roots or can I get away with street running shoes? I have both, just want to know what to expect.
    Second-Do people generally camp the night before somewhere?
    Thanks all!
    Colin
    1. Chad Haffa  - November 15, 11:22 AM
      Colin, There are very few rocks and only a couple of sections that are rooty. Most of it is flat and wide trail. I was just out there running yesterday and did 12 miles of the course and had no problems. a buddy of mine was running in regular road shoes...and I was wearing Hokas and we had no complaints. Also, we are camping out at Halfway Creek Road Primitive Campground Friday before the race. There will be portable toilets out there but that's it. There is no running water. We will have a kicking fire and will be hanging out! You are welcome to join us!

Chad
    2. Colin Castner  - November 16, 11:58 AM
      Awesome advice, thanks for your time Chad! We're still trying to sort out the Friday night plan but if we do make it to the campground I will find you and say hello. Look forward to meeting and the race!
      Colin
    3. Cameron Clements  - November 27, 9:51 PM
      Colin, for what it's worth, ran most of the course today and glad I had my trail shoes on. This is my first 50k trail run also and I don't run trails much so I'm guessing experienced runners navigate the few sections with roots better than I did today.
  4. Cameron
    Cameron Clements  - November 26, 9:54 PM
    Signed up for my first 50k. What types of food and drink will be on the course aid stations? Thx