Ruck, Rock n' Run
Parrie Haynes Ranch in Central Texas isn’t only a beautiful, scenic place to ride horses and mules; it’s also a challenging and breath-taking trail system for trail runners! With rolling hills, stream crossings, pastures and a section that runs up along the Lampasas River, you’ll be enjoying the hill country with a bunch of amazing fellow trail runners! The 50km race proves to be a two-loop course with a mix of technical rocky sections and flatter open sections. The 25k and 25k ruck will be along the same course with one-loop that follows along the outskirts of the property and winds through more technical hills and single-track portions. The 5k and 10k course follows the same start and finish as the 50 and 25k, but with a ‘little’ bit cut off. The 5k loop has its own fun with twists and turns and a nice steady climb closer to the end! Come test your trail running abilities whether it be your first-go or your 100th! We can’t wait to see you on the trail!
The race day will be concluded with our first annual beer mile! The beer mile isn’t for the faint of heart but will include a series of drinking 4 twelve-ounce beers and running 4 quarter-mile loops around the camp meadow. As long as you’re 21 or older, you can join in the fun! Are you up for the challenge?
The weekend isn’t only about these trail races! We will also have food trucks, a beer trailer on the property in the afternoon and into the evening. Don’t forget the live band at 7 pm!
Parrie Haynes Equestrian Center has 41 camping sites with 30/50 amp hook ups and water, as well as six cabins for rent! You can also choose to tent camp for $20 a night. There are four hardstand restrooms on site and two showers. Follow the link below to book your cabin, RV spot or primitive campsite!
Race Information & Schedule
• Entry fee schedule: Increase after May 10th!
• All participants registered on or before May 10th will receive a custom race shirt. Registration after May 10th may result in not receiving the exact size ordered.
• Participants in the 50k will have 15 hours to complete the course. Second loop start cut-off will be at 2 pm.
• there will be three aid stations on the 25k/50k course. One at the 4 mile mark at the Main Entrance, the second at the southern border of the course, where racers will pass the aid station at mile 6.5 and 8, and the third at mile 12 on the eastern border.
• 100% refunds will be offered until May 10th. Deferrals/rollovers to the following year will be determined on an individual basis. We will do our best to accommodate life events such as pregnancy, military deployment, family death, and serious illness. Please contact us directly to discuss.
Friday, June 9th
• 3:00 – 6:00pm - Packet pick-up at the Clubhouse
• 6:15pm - Pre-race meeting (50k runners are highly encouraged to attend)
• 6:00pm – All drop bags must to be turned in.
Saturday, June 10th
• 5:30am – Race day packet pick-up
• 6:20am – 50k Race brief
• 6:30am – 50k Start
• 7:00am – 25k Start
• 7:30am – 25k Ruck Start
• 8:00am – 10k Start
• 8:30am – 5k Start
• 10:00am – Miss Vickies Food Truck arrives
• 2:00pm – 50k second lap start cut-off
• 3:00pm – Tapville Beer Trailer arrives
• 7:00pm – Beer Miler Start
• 8:00pm – Band Starts Playing!
Swag and Awards
Each registered runner will receive a Ricochet’s Riot T-shirt!
**Shirt Order Deadline is May 10th, 2023** After May 10th, we will have placed our T-shirt order and fit you with the best shirt we can.
AWARDS AS YOU FINISH
Each finisher will receive a custom finisher medal, to be revealed closer to the race date.
Overall Awards for both Male and Female winners for in all distances.
For the 50k/25k runners and ruckers, there will be two manned aid stations at Entrance Aid Station (mile 4), Crossroads Aid Station (mile 6.5 and 8), and Million Dollar Aid Station (mile 12.5) with fully-stocked with water, electrolyte drinks, snacks, first aid, and enthusiastic volunteers!
The start/finish will also act as an aid station for those 50k, 25k and 10k folks!
Restrooms will be at Start/Finish.
Ruck Division Details
-If you weigh under 150lbs, your ruck should weigh at least 20lb.
-If you weigh over 150lbs, your ruck should weigh at least 35lb.
-Ruck weigh-ins will take place prior to the start when you pick up your timing chip, and at the finish line.
-Weight cannot be anything consumable or wearable like food or water or clothing. But you can carry additional gear and supplies like food, water and clothing (and you should), but that will be additional weight.
We love our volunteers! For their time and entry, they will be given a Ricochet's Riot t-shirt and a food voucher for Miss Vickie's food truck!
Event's current local time: 11:33 AM CT