The South Texas Ultra is a 50K, 35K, 17K, and 5K scenic trail run held on the H.W. Lewis Ranch in the Texas Hill Country. Featuring beautiful scenery and challenging rocky, dirt, and grass trails with over 2300 feet of elevation gain for the 50K event, the race follows a 10.3M looped course and a unique route for the 5K, beginning and ending at the H.W. Lewis Ranch. This race brings a memorable atmosphere, beautiful views, and fun on the trails.
- Surface: Rugged rocky with some dirt and grass ATV trails
- Course: H.W. Lewis Ranch Trails
- Elevation: Lots of ups and downs climbing with three big climbs showing 750ft every 10.35M loop.
- Location: H.W. Lewis Ranch - (see race website above)
- Weather: Historic Average 60-79 degree middle of October weather.
Texas Ultra Series
This series spans all across Texas. All the finisher medals from each race combine to make the State of Texas. Anyone who finishes all the races will receive a special wooden case for all the finisher medals. (see 'website' for pictures of the finisher medals)
You can save 20% on the Texas Ultra Series by registering for a Series Pass
The Top 7 Males and Top 7 Females that run the farthest distance of a Texas Ultra race will qualify for the Big Texas Ultra 100K Championship near Austin TX for a chance to win thousands of dollars and the Big Texas Ultra Champion Title.
Location and Times
The start and finish are located on the west side of the ranch.
(there's no specific address for start/finish, click "H.W. Lewis Ranch" above for exact location)
Packet pickup - 5:00AM to 7:15AM
50K - Start time 6:00 AM *headlamp required*
35K & 17K - Start time 7:00 AM *headlamp required*
5K - Start time 7:30 AM
Sunrise - 7:40 AM
Cutoff Time: 8:00 PM (14 Hours)
50K - Three loops
35K - Two loops
17K - One loop
5K - One modified loop
This is a cupless race. We will have water refill stations to refill your own bottles and cups.
Use trail etiquette.
What You Get
- South Texas Ultra T-Shirt
- Collectible Finisher Medals for all finishers
- 50K Inscription on Medals for 50K Finishers
- 1st Place awards M & F for all distances
- DFL "Dead Freakin' Last" awards for all distances
- Aid Station Food & Hydration
- Scenic Course
- Fully Marked/Supported Course
- Friendly & Encouraging Race Staff/Volunteers
For more detailed information including the course map, other race info, and aid stations visit the website by clicking "website" above or visiting www.texasoutlawrunning.com
Event's current local time: 2:57 PM CT
Within a 30-day notice, runners can receive a full race credit to any race of their choosing (except qualifier-required races.) For anything less than 30 days notice, race credits can not be transferred. We do not offer full refunds.
We offer discounts for all active duty military & first responders. Please send an email to email@example.com with an ID of your profession.