New Location and Loop Profile
The Green Mile Loop Challenge has a NEW location this year! We are now running a combination of yellow, blue, and white blazes from Deer Browse 2 Pavilion. This pavilion is located near the North Park Swimming Pool parking lot and across from Harmar Shelter.
Distance: ~ 2 miles
Elevation: ~ 300 feet per loop.
Mostly single track. The course is fully shaded!
Are you on Strava? This event will have some segments!
North Park Trail Runners members can register on July 5th. If you are not a member, please wait until July 6th. This event is free and we offer early registration as a benefit to our members. Thank you.
This event has a capacity of 100 runners! Once it is full, there is a waitlist option! We ask that you notify us if you need to cancel your registration. Runners must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this event.
The Green Mile
The Green Mile
6 hours! 1 loop! The Green Mile loop challenge is back in a new location. With a course that is about 2 miles, this event is designed for runners of all levels and speeds. How many loops can you run? How many do you want to run?
Join us for the loops and delicious lunch provided after. We also have the return of our raffle. Generous donations are coming your way from local run shops, restaurants, race companies, and more. Earn a raffle ticket for every loop you complete. This is going to be good!
Parameters of the Event
Within the allotted time, how many loops of the "green mile" can you do? One loop or 20? It's all good. Awards for high-volume loopers! Raffle tickets are awarded for each loop completed. Which gift basket do you want to win? The more loops, the more options. The event kicks off at 8:00 am and goes until 2:00 pm. Come for the full six hours or join us for just a few loops. It's up to you!
1. Individuals are eligible to win one raffle prize. No repeat winners on the raffles.
2. Race clock will be utilized. Participants will be required to note their "check out time" on the tracker board. In the event of a tie for top looper, completion time will count. Fastest looper wins.
3. Award goes to the top female participant and the top male participant.
4. High-volume loopers are granted bragging rights and sense of accomplishment and your own personal Greenish prize.
1. Will there be NPTR Merchandise at the event? Yes! A $ donation = a shirt an. We have a few varieties of shirts from which to choose. We will have socks too!
Event's current local time: 4:29 AM ET
2. Are there restrooms? Yes
3. Parking? Yep, we are using the North Park Swimming Pool Lot.
4. What if I've never run trails before? This is the event for you. Give it a go!
5. What about awards? Yep, we will recognize the high-volume loopers!
6. Do I need to be present to win the raffle? No, just be sure to include your phone number on the ticket stub. We will do the drawings at 2:15 pm.
7. Can I bring kids? Sure, if you have someone to watch them while you are running. There is a soccer field near this location. Beyond the soccer field is the baseball filed and various playgrounds are in walking distance.
8. Do I have to start right at 8:00 am? No. You can start anytime you'd like! We expect varying start times from many people.
9. Will there be food? Yes.
10. Why has the location been changed? Variety is great and available shelters are even better.
11. Why is still called the Green Mile? Yellow and Blue make green and with 6 hours of loop running, it may feel like death is coming or like walking the "Green Mile".