Enjoy running, music, food (famous Vietnamese "Banh Mi" and "Pho" Noodle soup) and fun. This is a runner centered race for runners by runners. A last chance race for 2017. Finish Strong!.
Bear Creek Pioneers Park/Jogging trail by the tennis court.
Address: 3535 War Memorial Drive, Houston, Texas 77084
Park Entrance is on N. Elridge Parkway and War Memorial Drive.
7:30 AM - Half-Marathon, 50K
7:35 AM - Marathon, 50M, 100K, 100M
Half Marathon - 75; Marathon - 75; 50K - 50; 50 Miler - 50; 100K - 30; 100 Miler - 30
2.01 Mile Loop - Flat paved jogging trail loop around Bear Creek Park (by the tennis court). There is grass along the jogging path if you wish to run on it. Run counter-clockwise. Think NASCAR
100 Mile - 50 laps - Time Limit: 30 Hour (Extended Time Limit Allowed - Email RD)
100K - 31 laps - Time Limit: 30 hour
50 Mile - 25 laps - Time Limit: 24 hour
50K - 16 laps - 1st lap is a short lap which consists 1/2 mile out & 1/2 mile back; Followed by 15 regular laps of the 2.01 mile loop - Time Limit: 12 hour
Marathon - 13 laps (1st lap is an extended lap around the parking lot; Followed by 12 regular laps of the 2.01 mile loop) - Time Limit: 12 Hour
Half Marathon - 7 laps - 1st lap is a short lap which consist of 1/2 mile out & 1/2 mile back; Followed by 6 regular laps of the 2.01 mile loop- Time Limit: 12 Hour
At Start /Finish Area Bear Creek Park between 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM on Race Day, Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Timing will be provided by Run Houston Timing, www.onlineraceresults.com
Chips - Double Shoe tags will be available for pickup starting at 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM on race morning near the starting area. Please wear chip on each shoe and not on top each other otherwise they will not work as backup.
There will be a TV monitor by the timing mat to display the number of laps each time each runner complete a loop.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Any dispute must be resolved with the timer at race site. There will be NO adjustments and corrections after the race is complete.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Half Marathon & Marathon – Parking by the Tennis Court.
Ultra Distances – Parking near the start or along the jogging trail.
100M - Custom designed belt buckle
100K - Custom designed belt buckle
50M/50K - Custom designed medal
Marathon & Half Marathon - Custom designed medal
Custom designed High Tech Long Sleeve.
Registered by October 31, 2017 to guarantee T-shirts size. After October 31, T-shirt size are not guaranteed.
At each 2.01 Mile Loop (Start/Finish).
Menu with over 50 items including: salt, pepper, ketchup, mustards, mayonnaise, relish, pickles, and soy sauce, tabasco sauce.
Drinks: Water, Gatorade, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Ginger ale, Mountain Dew, Cold Tea, Hot Tea, Starbucks Coffee, Orange Juice.
Snacks: Variety of chips, crackers, candies, trail mixes.
Pastries: Bagels with cream cheese, muffins, cookies, cakes, pies.
Fruits: Bananas, Apples, Oranges, Grapes.
Food: Famous Vietnamese "Banh Mi ", PB&J sandwiches, ham/turkey/cheese sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, hot soups, oatmeal. Hot pizzas (cheese, meats, and vegetarian) and Famous Vietnamese "Pho" Noodle Soup will be served at dusk for Ultra distance runners.
There will be a drop bag location area adjacent to the Aid Station. Ultra distances - You may park your car along the jogging trail for easy access to your car for personal aid.
There are two restrooms around the 2.01 mile loop. One is near the start/finish and one is approximately half way around the trail.
1. Course will be open to the public during park hours. You should expect to see walkers. joggers, baby-strollers, etc. Please share the trail with them. Please do not run/walk more than 2 abreast. Yield to fast runners passing.
2. Parking Lot Crossings - The race does not cross any streets; however, there are few intersections at various parking lots. Signs will be posted to make park users aware that a "Race is in progress". PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN CROSSING PARKING LOT ENTRIES.
3. The main gate entrance is located at the intersection of N Elridge Parkway and War Memorial Drive (by the Tennis Court). Park hours are from 7:00 AM- 10:00 PM. If you need to enter or exit the park outside these hours, the main entrance gate will be open on the hour by Park Security. Please plan accordingly.
4. Park will be patrolled by Park Security from 10:00 PM on Saturday, 12/16 until 6:00 AM on Sunday, 12/17.
5. Glass beverage containers are prohibited. Absolutely no littering. There are plenty of trash cans around the park for your waste.
6. Participants may drop to a shorter distance than the original distance he or she signed up for PRIOR to start time (NO REFUNDS). Same thing with move up to longer distance, participant may do so PRIOR to start time and pays difference.
7. Pacers - 100M, 100K, 50M - are allowed after 50 miles or after dark, whichever come first. You may have as many pacers as you wish but only one pacer at a time. Pacers must be over 18 years of age or have the signed permission from a parent or guardian.
8. 100M, 100K, 50M - While the race course is lit at night; however, there is some spot maybe dark; headlamps or handheld flashlight are recommended.
Texas Ninjas Racing LLC reserves the right to cancel the event due to severe weather, flooding, park closure, or in any other event or situation that could affect the safety of runners, volunteers, and race staff. If the event is cancelled, an attempt will be made to reschedule, but there will be NO REFUNDS. Thank you for your understanding.
Local time: 11:25 AM