Welcome to the 8th Annual Southeastern Trail Series
In an effort to promote trail running and introduce new runners to the trails, Southeastern Trail Runs created a series of six races, all in the Birmingham area in 2013. Again in 2020 the series will start in April with the Tranquility Lake 3 and 6 mile trail races and slowly build distance through the spring, summer and fall, culminating in an Ultra distance race in December with The Blood Rock 25 & 50K. Runners that follow the series and build up training distance throughout the year will be ready for the 50K. Those that wish to go further can continue to train over the winter and by March will be ready for the Lake Martin 50 or even the Lake Martin 100. The series will consist of 6 races. Each race will offer opportunities to run further than the previous race, with more difficult terrain and more elevation gain. Participants will earn points for each event completed based on how they finished in each event. Points leaders at the end of the series will receive special awards as Southeastern Trail Series Points Champions. All races will take place in the Birmingham area.
Sign up for the Full Long Series or the Full Short Series before April 1st and save 20%. You will receive a Race Shirt for each of the 6 series races.
This offer my not be combined with any other discount offers.
Select Short Series or Long Series
You are registering for all the short races or all the long races.
Local time: 2:35 PM
Registering for the Short Series automatically enters you in the following races:
1) April 18th - The Tranquility Lake Trail Race - 3 Mile
2) May 9th - Run for Kids Challenge - 10K
3) May 23rd - Memorial Day Trial Race - 6 Mile
4) July 18th - Hotter 'N Hell Trail Race - 9 Mile
5) August 22nd - Ridge to Blazing Ridge - 10.5 Mile
6) Dec 5th - Blood Rock 25K
Short Series runners may select the Blood Rock 50 or 100 MIle instead of the 25K for an additional fee.
Registering for The Long Series enters you in the following races:
1) April 18th - The Tranquility Lake Trail Race - 6 Mile
2) May 9th - Run for Kids Challenge - 12 Hour
3) May 23rd - Memorial Day Trial Race - 12 Mile
4) July 18th - Hotter 'N Hell Trail Race - 18 Mile
5) August 22nd - Ridge 2 Blazing Ridge - 21 Mile
6) Dec 5th - Blood Rock 50K
Long series runners my select the Blood Rock 50 Mile or Blood Rock 100 Mile instead of the 50K for an additional fee.