May 18 - June 1, 2019
This Event Took Place Sat. Jun 1, 2019
Come fastpack with us!
Are you a trail runner looking for a new adventure? Or an experienced hiker who like to travel fast and ultra light? We organize small groups of active people who want to get way off the beaten path in the Himalaya.
- Get off the beaten track - we are experts at finding alternative trails (and sometimes just going cross country)
- Travel without porter or pack animal support. Seriously, there is no need to do this - the lodges have blankets and good food. Travel quick and light!
- Move at your own pace - you can run when you want or just power hike all day long. We've got you covered.
- Let us handle the logistics, we've led a lot of trail runners down crazy (and not so crazy) trails in Nepal - we know what we are doing!
- Walk out of your hotel in Kathmandu and head north toward the towering peaks of Langtang.
- Trip Reports/Photos: 2018 | 2017 | 2016 Scouting Trip Report
- Twelve days on trail with two acclimatization days. (May 18-June 1st, 2019)
- Distance: 186k/115mi, Total Ascent: 14,198m/46,581ft, Max Elevation: 5,130m/16,830ft Kanja Pass
- Max group size: 7
- Cost: $2,250 all inclusive with $250 deposit through your ultrasignup registration (the rest due within 30 days)
- Briefing and Orientation starting at noon.
- Day 1 Kathmandu (1,398m) to Gul Banjang (2,398m)
- Day 2 Gul Banjang (2,398m) to Magengoth (3,350m)
- Day 3 Acclimatization Day. Magengoth (3,350m)
- Day 4 Magengoth (3,350m) to Phedi (3,630m)
- Day 5 Phedi (3,630m), over the Larabina Pass (4,610m) past the sacred lakes to Chandarbari (3,300m)
- Day 6 Chandarbari (3,300m) to Gumnachowk (2,770m)
- Day 7 Gumnachowk (2,770m) to Kyangjin Gompa (3,850m)
- Day 8: Acclimatization Day (3,850m)
- Day 9 Kyangjin Gompa (3,850m) Kyangjin over Kanja Pass (5,140) to Tengyling
- Day 10 Tengyling (2,550m) to Therapati (3,690m)
- Day 11 Therapati (3,690m) to Chisopani (2,150m)
- Day 12 Chisopani ( 2,150m) to Kathmandu (1,400M)
- Day 13 Buffer Day
- Departure Day
Helping Kids in Nepal
Every year we work with our partner charity 'Wide Open Vistas' and help organize a children's race in the high altitude village of Manang. This usually takes place on the 4th day of our fastpack around the Annapurna Circuit (we stop in Manang for a day to help acclimatize). Thank you Matt Jenkins (Class of 2018) for producing this short video. For more info about WOV please visit Wide Open Vistas. HAL donates 10% of all proceeds to WOV!
What they are saying
“It's completely different from the Annapurna Circuit! I loved the remoteness of the route!...I felt like we definitely got to experience the back country of Nepal and the HAL summer house reinforces that experience....I absolutely love the format HAL uses for their trips! You guys have been able to blend making a guided trip truly feel like an adventure without it becoming a tour group.....My wife and I have now completed two trips (Annapurna Circuit and Langtang) with HAL and I truly think they have something special when it comes to guiding/leading trips. While you "think you signed up for a guided trip in Nepal," what you've really done is signed up to part of a team for the next 10-14 days. I wouldn't go to the Himalaya's with anyone else, nor do I want to!” -Jason Pardue (USA/Thailand), Langtang Lollipop 2018
“The Langtang Fast Pack was a fantastic trip on beautiful trails through Nepal's Langtang region. This was my second trip with Himalayan Adventure Labs and I could not recommend them more highly! I have a million beautiful memories and pictures from each trip, which has only increased my desire to return to Nepal in the future.” - Stephanie Gundel (Seattle, USA), Langtang Fast Pack 2017
“Our Langtang Fastback far exceeded my expectations. It was extremely challenging, beautiful and provided the experience to visit an area in Nepal that is working so hard to rebuild. Personally, I have to thank Seth for his willingness to help me reach my goal ... without him I most certainly would not have been able to. Both he and Sudeep are so knowledgeable and patient ... I never worried about my safety. Thank you for providing the adventure of a lifetime!!!” - Linda Quirk (USA), Langtang Fast Pack 2017
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our registration page on our website for complete terms and conditions including refund policy and payment plan.
Local time: 6:49 PM