September 14 - 29, 2019
Registration closes: Wed, Sep 11 @ 11:59 PM
Come fastpack with us!
Are you a trail runner looking for a new adventure? Or an experienced hiker who like to travel fast and ultra light? We organize small groups of active people who want to get way off the beaten path in the Himalaya. Note that we also offer this trip in the spring!
- Get off the beaten track - we are experts at finding alternative trails (and sometimes just going cross country)
- Travel without porter or pack animal support. Seriously, there is no need to do this - the lodges have blankets and good food. Travel quick and light!
- Move at your own pace - you can run when you want or just power hike all day long. We've got you covered.
- Let us handle the logistics, we've led a lot of trail runners down crazy (and not so crazy) trails in Nepal - we know what we are doing!
- This is the perfect introduction to high altitude mountain running in Nepal.
- Trip Reports/Photos: 2018 | 2017 | 2016
- Ten and a half days on trail with two acclimatization days. (Sept 14-Sept 29th, 2019)
- Distance: 228k/142.6miles, Total Gain: 11,846m/38,863ft, Total Loss: 11,282m/37,013ft, Max Elevation: 5,405m/17,728ft.
- Check out our route in Caltopo
- Max group size: 10
- Cost: $2,300 all inclusive with $250 deposit through your ultrasignup registration (the rest due within 30 days)
- Briefing and Orientation starting at noon.
- Day 1 Kathmandu to Besisahar (760m) Bus Transport.
- Day 2 Besisahar (760m) to Tal (1,665m) Distance: 36k
- Day 3 Tal (1,665m) to Chame (2,684m) Distance 23k
- Day 4 Chame (2,684m) to Manang (3,537m), Distance: 33k
- Day 5 Acclimatization Day
- Day 6 Manang (3,520m) to Yak Kharka (3,807m): Distance: 9.4k
- Day 7 Yak Kharka (3,807m) to Thorung Phedi (4,560m)
- Day 8: Acclimatization Day
- Day 9 Thorung Phedi to Muktinath (3,798m) via Thorung Pass (5,416m) Distance: 21k
- Day 10 Muktinath to Marpha (2,711m) 32k
- Day 11 Marpha (2,711m) to Ghasa (2,110), Distance: 27k
- Day 12 Ghasa (2,110m) to Gorepani (2,811m). Distance 30k
- Day 13 Ghorepani (2,811m).- to Naya Pul (1,019m) then to Pokhara. Distance: 17k
- Transport back to Kathmandu.
- Departure Day
Short Film - Annapurna Circuit
Helping Kids in Nepal
Every year we work with our partner charity 'Wide Open Vistas' and help organize a children's race in the high altitude village of Manang. This usually takes place on the 4th day of our fastpack around the Annapurna Circuit (we stop in Manang for a day to help acclimatize). Thank you Matt Jenkins (Class of 2018) for producing this short video. For more info about WOV please visit Wide Open Vistas. HAL donates 10% of all proceeds to WOV!
What they are saying
”Do it! You won't regret it for a moment. The trail, the people, the camaraderie are all 1st rate.” - Karen Carrington (Shanghai, China), Annapurna Fastpack 2015
”The best trip for your money, hands down! This was a life dream trip of mine and this was exactly how I wanted to do it. Check it out if you've ever felt the pull to explore Nepal!” - Trisha Steidl (Seattle, USA), Annapurna Fastpack 2014
”crazy shit. It's done. lifetime experience. it was a great time with great people! #AFP2016” - Lukas Rådgiver (Bad Kreuznach, Germany), Annapurna Fastpack 2016
”If you really want to experience Nepal in its pristine setting while discovering what you’re truly capable of achieving, then you must consider HAL for your Nepalese adventure. Besides adventure, you will be rewarded with great camaraderie, a genuine Nepalese experience and the spectacular views that make this country majestic! A word of caution though: you will want to come back for their other trips.” - Pablo Cabrera (Seattle, USA), Annapurna Fast Pack 2016
”Excellent logistics including being collected on arrival at the airport and dropped off at end of trip. Super fun team and diverse itinerary which included some trails that are not part of the official circuit. Great food, laughs and team dynamic. Challenging course meant greater level of satisfaction on completion of each stage. Highly recommend.” - Angela (Ireland/Hong Kong), Annapurna Fastpack 2018
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our registration page on our website for complete terms and conditions including refund policy and payment plan.
Local time: 7:26 PM