October 13 - 30, 2019
Registration closes: Sat, Oct 12 @ 12:00 AM
Come fastpack with us!
Are you a trail runner looking for a new adventure? Or an experienced hiker who like to travel fast and ultra light? We organize small groups of active people who want to get way off the beaten path in the Himalaya.
- Get off the beaten track - we are experts at finding alternative trails (and sometimes just going cross country)
- Travel without porter or pack animal support. Seriously, there is no need to do this - the lodges have blankets and good food. Travel quick and light!
- Move at your own pace - you can run when you want or just power hike all day long. We've got you covered.
- Let us handle the logistics, we've led a lot of trail runners down crazy (and not so crazy) trails in Nepal - we know what we are doing!
- Cross massive valley systems using three passes (Renjo La, Chola and Kongma La)
- And yes, you can walk to Everest Base Camp if the spirit moves you.
- 2018 Trip Report
- Eighteen days including arrival, two nights in Kathmandu, fifteen in the mountains, and departure days. (October 13th - 30th, 2019)
- Distance: 131k/82mi, Ascent: 7,584m/24,875ft, Descent 7,561m/24,800ft, Max Elevation: 5,601m/18,376ft
- Check out our route in Caltopo
- Max group size: 10
- Cost: $2,550 all inclusive with $250 deposit through your ultrasignup registration (the rest due within 30 days)
- Briefing and Orientation starting at noon.
- Day 1 Flight to Lukla (2,860m). Lukla to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
- Day 2 Acclimatization Day
- Day 3 Namche Bazaar (3,440m) to Thame (3,819m)
- Day 4 Thame (3,819m) to Lumde (4,368m)
- Day 5 Acclimatization Day
- Day 6 Lumde (4,368m) to Gokyo (4,790m) via Renjo Pass (5,360m)
- Day 7 Climb Gokyo Ri (5,360m). Sleep in Gokyo (4,790m)
- Day 8: Gokyo (4,790m) to Zongla (4,830m) via Cho La (5,420m/17,782)
- Day 9 Zongla (4,830m) to Gorakshep (5,164m)
- Day 10 Gorakshep (5,164m) to Kala Patar (5,550m). Snack, and then walk to EBC (5,364m) and down to Lobuche (4,910m)
- Day 11 Lobuche (4,910m) to Dingboche (4,410m) via Kongma La (5,535m)
- Day 12 Dingboche (4,410m) to Namche (3,440m)
- Day 13 Namche (3,440m) to Lukla (2,840m)
- Day 14 Flight back to KTM
- Day 15 Buffer Day/Party in Kathmandu
- Departure Day
A glimpse of fastpacking in Nepal
Helping Kids in Nepal
Every year we work with our partner charity 'Wide Open Vistas' and help organize a children's race in the high altitude village of Manang. This usually takes place on the 4th day of our fastpack around the Annapurna Circuit (we stop in Manang for a day to help acclimatize). Thank you Matt Jenkins (Class of 2018) for producing this short video. For more info about WOV please visit Wide Open Vistas. HAL donates 10% of all proceeds to WOV!
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our registration page on our website for complete terms and conditions including refund policy and payment plan.
Local time: 11:54 PM